Saturday, January 10, 2015

Winter blues and Autism

Do you have the winter blues with your child on the spectrum? Yeah, it's no fun. I'm about to be on my second pot of coffee. This chill in my bones is no fun. And where is Doodle? She's curled up in the bed watching car video's on the ipad. By day I am working but today I've just been hanging around on facebook. Winter and boredom go hand in hand.

I need to get out of this slump. I really need to get back to work. I have so many library books out right now it's not even funny. I have a photo shoot that needs to be done today and I just don't want to put my makeup on. My co-host is only in town on the weekends because he works so much and weekends are the days that he can do photo shoots.

Yesterday was a bit more productive. It was more of a sweat shirt kind of day. So after Doodle got out of school and she came home and got changed out of her school uniform we headed to Goodwill superstore. I love that place. Sure you have to dig through bins to find clothes but it is so worth it. I found two sweat shirts one in violet and the other in a bright pink. and both with turtle necks. How on earth does that happen? No problem though. Cut off the necks and your in sweat shirt Heaven! I've even been looking for some tutorials to refashion my new warmer pieces. And the price of my haul including a new plaid fabric that are going on my old jeans I have that are way too small. Mom gave me them for Christmas to refashion. They used to belong to my grandfather. I was his favorite and he was my world. He was killed before my 8th birthday. So it means a lot to have his clothing to refashion. The plaid is going to patch the holes in the knees and for the waist. I'm a ska girl. Big fan of the Mighty Might Bosstones. I've been following them since college. So it's only fitting to have some ska pants.  Ska is a style of music for those who don't know. Doodle doesn't care for ska. She only cares about the group Queen. Which is fine with me cause I love Freddie Mercury too.

And also to get a thicker longer shirt for Doodle which is so cute I made out like a bandit. $3.33 for all the clothes. Oh and Doodle had to have a car. No so bad. Heard everything is half off on Sunday's so I plan on making another run come Sunday. I would love to get my hands on some argyle sweaters. Oh that would be awesome! I love love love argyle right now, just like Doodle is loving this three little pigs video someone did on youtube with little kids. I'm sure at this point that video is up to a million views thanks to Doodle.

Well, so much work to do and so little time to get it all done. I'm a competitive person. I'm thinking of having a contest with one of my reading friends. Her goal is 50 books in one month. She's a big bookworm and I know she can do it. I just about have that many books. I think I can compete with her.

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment