Thursday, January 15, 2015

Switching it up with Autism

Sometimes you just have to switch things up when it comes to autism. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Doodle hates mashed potato's. Her gag reflex kicks in the moment they are put in front of her. I used to think it was possibly the texture of them that made her sick to her stomach. I don't know. It's one of those things that may continue to be a mystery to me until she can tell me for sure why she gags.

During last fourth of July my parents celebrated with a lovely meal that consisted of mash potato's. And well Dad wanted them red white and blue. He changed the color of it with food dye or food coloring. And believe it or not that was the first time that Doodle ate mash potato's. I was in shock! She ate it up like it was candy. And Doodle just loves candy! That's how I get her to take her melatonin. Because they are flavored and one form I have for her is in chewable form she gets bedtime "candy" and mommy gets her sleep.

Here recently she's been mad over her "perfume". I put it in quotes because it's the essential oils I use on her to keep her calm. Essential oils are the a great way to keep people calm or relaxed. So many essential oils that do so many different things. I use Frankincense to keep my mood in balance and keeps me so calm. Believe me with the ex I have that loves to try to grate my nerves, I need something. It's stronger then prozac with all the benefits and none of the side effects. I guess because of the little bottle I had it in she just wasn't going to have anymore of it. Yesterday I went to the health food store and bought little roll on containers and moved the oil from one container to the roll on.

This morning Doodle was in one of her little moods and didn't really want to do anything but refuse to get ready for school. I asked her if she wanted to put on her perfume, she flat out told me no. When I pulled the new roll on container she gave me this look of hey that's not my perfume. She eagerly held her hands out and bowed her head. I rolled the essential oils on her wrist and put some on the back of her neck.
 From that moment on she was calm and ready to go with no complaints. She put her book bag on and was out the door.

These are the days I love. I don't care for the autism battles or the regular kid battles. I'm trying to prepare her for college. And yes, the child will go to college. If not she's going to be prepared to be an entrepreneur. And she will be a success. That I can guarantee. It all boils down to faith. And I have a lot of faith in my God and my child.

Ya'll have a great day. I've got to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment