Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Issues with the school and Autism

Last week towards the wend of the week a friend of mine brought up an issue that needed to be addressed. On Wednesday of week school started back my friends son was out do to surgery. Well, my friend had gone to the school to get all of his son's school work so he wouldn't be behind. Leaving out of the Lobby and heading back to his truck doodle came up to him to say Hello Mr. Charles. This alarmed my buddy and it alarms me too. he said there was no teacher or aide around to supervise her and another classmate. The classmate went on to the other building he was suppose to be going to but Doodle diva-ted. 

Like I have mentioned in past blogs. Children on the spectrum have a tendency to wander off. This wandering off was brought forth by seeing someone that she knows. So it's no surprise to me that she would no go to were she was suppose to go. My problem is I have made the school aware that Doodle would wander.

This week was the week that I made my concerns known to her teacher because Monday was the first day I had seen her teacher since school started back. Doodle's teacher looked over at the aide. The aide laughed and said there was no way and then asked me about the time. I told her and the aide asked if the gentleman behind me was Mr. Charles and I replied yes, that he was the man who saw Doodle with no supervision.

The conversation between the teacher and the aide brought up a whole bunch of red flags for me. The teacher had the look of I was out of the class and the aide was in charge.

As far as this is going, I'm going to have to place my faith in teacher to rectify this concern for me. But I'm not just going to leave it to the teacher, I'm going to be checking up. I know when I get to the school my buddy will already be there. He gets to the school at noon and sits there until time for his child to get out. So I will be in good company as I wait to see if it happens again next Wednesday. My camera's are both charged and ready to go. Video camera and digital camera. I can honestly say that one thing that I learned from working with the Sheriff's office where we used to live is that you need to get proof. As of right now if Mr. Charles word against the school. I know Charles better than I know the teacher or the aide. So I believe him. Doodle can't exactly tell me she saw Mr Charles or that she walks to different parts of the school by herself. Trust me I've tried asking before. She answers yes to everything, including did you eat boogers for lunch today.

So I will be setting up a mobile office in the school parking lot. Yeah, work still needs to be done.

I really hope that you guys have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment