Saturday, January 17, 2015

Late Post and Autism

Today is my prep day before Doodle's birthday. She wants ice cream cupcakes for her birthday this year. Now, I have never done an ice cream cake before much less ice cream cupcakes. Luckily for me last week I happened upon a website called www.handimania.com that had new crafts I have never done or seen before. Scoping it out they had a recipe, quick simple and to the point for making ice cream cupcakes.

So this is how my day went. Ran out of my laundry detergent. Not a problem I can make that stuff up in my sleep. The only problem that I had was I couldn't find my wooden spoon. Poor thing was on it's last leg. It probably threw itself away. So off Doodle and I went to the Dollar Tree to get some new ones. I found a grater to grate soap with. Some more table spoon and teaspoon measures. A few things of makeup and a toy fish that swims. No wooden spoons. Drove to Dollar General got a notebook, box of crayons and an air wick warmer and refill thing that releases scent into the air. I will not be using the "oil" that comes in it. That one will be in a later post. No wooden spoons.

On the way to the next place Doodle saw Party City and wanted to go there. Hey she read it and said it so it's a stopping point. There I picked up a fishing game, glasses with a mustache attached that says I love cupcakes, birthday candles, cupcake pan, cupcake liners, cupcake box and bottom piece for the box and a giant balloon that reads: another year of fabulous! No wooden spoons.

I was heading to Walmart when I realized I still had to get the ice cream for the cupcakes. So a stop at Publix was in order. I really don't care to shop at Walmart. I feel it's too crowded and Doodle wants half of the store while there. I decided maybe Publix would have the wooden spoons that I needed. And they did! Stronger sturdier spoons that would last me longer then the 3 years I had my poor little wooden spoon. They were having a special on ice cream this week so Doodle picked out what she wanted which was something called Heavenly Hash. Chocolate with marshmallow sauce, almond slices and chocolate chips. Wooden spoons in hand we headed home.

I got the 10 gallons of laundry detergent created for $1.75. Yeah, I do save money and the going without all the harsh chemicals in my laundry detergent has helped out with her autism a lot. I got her Ice cream cupcakes done, dishes done, laundry done. The worst part of today was Doodle wanted to be a little pest because I was so busy. The toy fish that swims, yeah that was a BAD idea! Water all over my mothers hardwood floors. They ones that aren't sealed yet. So today is normal for me. Shopping cooking and cleaning. A lot of cleaning. But it's all done and I will be ready for tomorrow. Doodle's birthday photo shoot, birthday lunch and a trip for her and I to the Sea Lab. Yes, Doodle is able to go out in public due to the essential oils that I use. I really don't have sensory issues while we are out and about with her. I have 2 types of glasses in my car at all times. Pink and yellow shades and the back part of my vehicle is tinted, and this does help with some sensory issues. It's a controlled environment for her to our destinations and back from.

Time for me to go to bed because it's going to be another busy day and then things should settle down until this new line starts for my company. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment