Monday, July 9, 2018

Bad Moods and Autism

Doodle gets her way a lot, mainly because she's an only child. She has a "brother" that's she's unofficially adopted who adores her so much. But let's face it she's an only child with a bad attitude when she doesn't want to do something. Which is why I stick to a strict routine when it comes to Doodle.

She likes to jump on the bed, which has resulted in breaking the bed over 5 times in the past 2 years. That one right there is starting to get on my nerves. She barely jumps on her trampoline anymore. It used to be my sanity saver, but since she now searches for bugs she refuses to jump on the trampoline. And that's a pain in my rear.

During this summer we will be putting up a sensory swing. Doodle loves to swing. It's her favorite hobby at school. Yes, her P.E. classes, weather permitting is swinging. All the kids play on the playground at school. All the grades do and even the kids in wheelchairs get to swing. Right now we don't have a swing up. We have plenty of swings but none that are hanging up for her yet. I think that might be something I should put on my list of things to do for tomorrow.

Because Doodle has had a foul mood since she's been sick and gotten over being sick. For 7 days she slept in my bed. Tonight, I finally got my bed all to myself. No more sleeping at the foot of the bed with feet on my face or in my back. FREEDOM!!! It feels so nice just to stretch out in my own bed again.

I did have Doodle make up her bed and she fought that every step of the way. But I had an ace in the hole. Cupcakes. I was suppose to teach a cupcake class last night but no one showed up and I had my own icing that I brought from home that is recommended for the class. If anyone shows up or not, I make sure my coworkers have cupcakes to make working with me bearable. I'm a handful. You think a kid on the spectrum is bad, try a fine arts instructor who on occasion will put the paint brush in their mouth so they can move the canvas and sometimes it's the wrong end of the brush. So a fine arts instructor that eats paint. It's fine, I haven't died yet.

She wanted a cupcake in the worst sort of way. Well, if she wants a cupcake she's gonna work for that cupcake that looks like a muppet!

Another ace in the hole is Reese's peanut butter cups. Doodle doesn't like to put away the iPad at night. Well, if she wants a Reese's cup she's gonna put away the iPad. It's all in how you ask it. Time to put away the iPad. Sometimes the result is a no. Are you ready for a Peanut Butter cup? That always gets a yes. You have to charge the iPad if you want one. And that gets the ball rolling. Barely any fighting back. I like to put the iPad on charge at 6:00 pm. That gives her mind plenty of time to let the melatonin work it's magic and she gets a good night sleep and I can get a good night sleep.

And now it's time to worry about school starting up again. I know 3 or 4 weeks away for us, but I want to make sure that we are ready to walk in the doors with no issues. That's next weeks blog.

See you guys on the flip side. I have a magazine to work on. If you haven't seen it yet go check it out. It's free and you don't need to add your email address. FYI, there is a sensory section for DIY's in there. Just click and view! www.jsncreative.com/ezine 



No comments:

Post a Comment