Monday, April 27, 2015

Special Olympics, Azalea Trail Maids and Autism

The day of Doodle's Special Olympics was a fun day. After her first event which took over an hour and a half for us to do, she became hungry for a snack and a melt-down ensued. One of the things that I did not plan on was bringing snacks. I was just more thrilled with myself to bring the camera.

While waiting on the second event the bottom fell out and the event was cancelled. But she did get one ribbon! Doodle got last place but considering that the starter gun scared her it's no surprise. She ran, she tried. And anyone that knows Doodle like I do knows the child doesn't run!

Here's the photo's from the day. Enjoy and have a great day!




This is the only time that Doodle wanted to lay her head on me. I'll take this moment any day.







Our cheering section




I just got tired of editing out her school info and just took everything off the shirt.


She was tired of waiting. And at this point so was I.

The starting line. The actual race I videoed. 

Notice our Azalea Trail Maid? We got a picture with her at the Sea Lab. 


The rest of the events were cancelled so it was time to get our ribbon.

Fifth place.

And the bottom is really falling out now.

Next year will be better. I will remember to bring some snacks and the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment