Monday, April 20, 2015

What's Up Mom's and Autism

So, yeah I'm not a typical mom. Typical in the sense that my child can keep up with developments that other parents get to experience with their kids. Today is a day I'm trying to catch up with laundry. I need laundry done in the worst sort of way but I'm still so drained from the weekend. Doodle had Special Olympics at the private school down the street from her school and I was in attendance.

It was pretty fun. Special Olympics is always fun to go to. So many participants to cheer for. But, I'm not going to talk about Special Olympics today as this time I remembered the camera and took tons of pictures. That blog will be later on in the week or possibly next week. I'm formatting a new schedule for myself this week because I plan on incorporating vlogs soon. So not only will you guys get to read about our lives but you will get to see our lives in action.

Back to needing to do laundry. Like I said I'm pretty exhausted from Friday, an event that Doodle was requested to be at on Saturday and full on autism meltdowns on Sunday. The weekend from you know where. So I opened the iPad and saw that What's Up Mom's posted a new video. I love following What's Up Mom because they have toddlers and raising a child on the spectrum to me is a lot like raising a toddler, for years! This one fudgesicles video lead to another, and another and another and another. 3 hours later I'm at the video of St. Patrick's Day where I then found myself on the Easter hunt. Why does this matter? I'm getting to that.

The episode of St. Patrick's Day where Elle and her daughter Presley create a Leprechaun trap. This video again reminds me that kids love to be included in activities and they love interacting with other kids. What does that mean for my kid? The same that it means for regular kids. We as parents sometimes forget that our kids just want to be treated normally. What better way for them to grow mentally then to be out in public interacting with other people and children. Having things and activities for kids on the spectrum is just as important for their growth. It's therapy/school at home! There is nothing wrong with making your kids feel special.

Thanks again What's Up Mom for the reminder that yeah I can still be an awesome mom, though sometimes I feel like what got stuck on the road that a Mack truck hit. Just so you know What's Up Moms is the video's that help me de-stress from my day. And thankfully they post on Monday's so that pretty much helps me get over the weekends.

Also on a side note I did take pictures of the event Doodle was requested to be at and I will be doing a blog post on that as well. Because yeah, dirty looks and bad kids go hand in hand.

If you want to see what all the "fuss" is about about you can check out their channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/WhatsUpMOMS

What's Up Mom's can be found on youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment