Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Spring Break Autism

Note: I wrote this last night and went to bed before I edited it.

It's Monday and for a Monday it's been pretty good. Yesterday, we celebrated the Resurrection of Christ. I discussed with Doodle about Christ dying on the cross for our sins and asked if he was dead or alive. She responded back with Jesus is live.  She's doing pretty good considering when she first heard about him dying on the cross for awhile there she insisted that he was dead. That was maybe 2 years ago.

Saturday was the day I dreaded. I ran out of her tooth paste. One thing I will not go back to is toothpaste you buy from the store. I've seen first hand how meltdowns are just something that doesn't stop when she's on commercially made toothpaste, because of the sls chemical. And the health food store didn't have my calcium magnesium that's berry flavored. So instead of purple grey tint toothpaste we now have white sort of beige toothpaste and I had to use stevia extract powder for a sweet flavor in it. I never had to add that before because of the berry flavored calcium magnesium that already had the sweetness in it. To me, nothing makes your teeth feel so much better then freshly made toothpaste. And this toothpaste keeps your teeth feeling clean for the entire day. I'm not sure on the taste yet though. I kind of miss my berry flavored as I'm sure Doodle misses it too.

I think Doodle is happy that school is out. She keeps saying that she hates school and I really don't like hearing that. Now I have to figure out other ways to get her to either go to school or be excited about going to school. I'll figure it out. I always do.

And on a side note as my birthday approaches I think that I might need to just lower all the prices on the books that I have on the website and let this week just roll. And with it being a Monday, I've already managed to get my brows done, my nails done, Doodle and her "talons" nails done and painted. So I think this day has been pretty good. I haven't done my own brows in a very long time. I'm just not that good at it but today I figured I needed to make myself good at it. And after my best friend took a look and confirmed that they looked good I was happy. I've messed my brows up before. I tried to trim the eyebrow hair and ended up putting a line in my brow. Yeah, I looked pretty stupid and as it happened to be a week that I was coming home to spend a week or so with family and my best friend. My best friend never let me live that down for the entire summer. Best friends just have to rag you about things. Just laugh it off.

And yesterday was my best friends birthday. What did Doodle and I do? We pranked him on his birthday. Made him a pinata and ribbon-ed his house. Doodle just had so much fun putting ribbon on all the iron posts holding up the front porch. We did it all while he was away for a couple of hours and it was glorious fun!

Too bad my best friend can't get me back as he will be out of town on my birthday. And the only way that he can get me back is on his own on my birthday. Can't do that out of town. So I will have a fantastic birthday!

You guys have a fantastic day. I'm headed out, as I still have lots to do.




No comments:

Post a Comment