Friday, April 3, 2015

It's Good Friday Autism

Yesterday was a great day for celebrating Doodle's uniqueness. I don't blame meltdowns on her autism. Though meltdowns are fewer and far between now. To me everyday is a day to celebrate the blessing of my child but yesterday was a bit more special. It was light it up blue the start of Autism Awareness month. I saw posts of people helping to bring awareness to autism and I saw parents of children on the spectrum who rolled their eyes and complained about the day. Saying things of don't remind me about autism I am well aware. There is nothing wrong with celebrating this uniqueness. Heck, every year we celebrate Freddie for a day. It's pretty fun dressing up as Freddie Mercury. As Doodle and I are big fans. We always will be. That will never change.

Look I'm the type of person that sees the glass half full. Thankful there is water in the glass to quench my thirst. I'm proud of my daughter, she is my blessing. I'm proud of her autism. She's an artist and she's really good at what she does. She's so good she's creating a children's book with her artwork. Have i said that I'm proud of her? She remembers her prayers to God and she remembers to bless the food. I think she's awesome. She's been pushed so hard to get where she is. Though the first 4 years after her diagnoses she didn't respond to speech therapy and fought her occupational therapist. It wasn't until she got to a new school where she got a teacher that was willing to take on the challenge of getting through to her. I love Ms. Heather and Jerrianne. They are miracle workers. When no one else could get through, they did.

And as my yesterday wound down from cupcakes and ice cream. And the realization that yesterday was not the last day of school. The good news is today they don't have to wear uniforms which made Doodle even happier to get ready without a fight. We look forward to today. It is another glorious morning. Though we were a little late. I have another photo opp today and had to get my makeup on. And that's what caused us to be late today. Makeup.

But in all honesty this was a good late to school. We pulled up at the exact same time as her teacher. No teacher wants to admit they get to school late every single day. So those tardies are not held against us. Bonus!

I do like my new pallet that I got yesterday. It's the NAKED eye shadow pallet and I got it at Ross. Maybelline has their own NAKED pallet similar to Urban Decay. It's for a little over $10.00. I didn't pay that much. I got my makeup NAKED pallet at Ross Dress for Less. It was $7.99. I have a child with autism. My life is already expensive and so it's best to make sure that I can afford what I need. I already pay for a certain magazine every month and this month is my birthday month. One early birthday splurge for myself is okay. And there is nothing wrong with looking good making yourself feel good. Feeling good boosts your confidence.

As for that certain magazine it's for my business. I'm the only one that does what I do and learning about graphics design when you can't afford to go back to school. And when I say that I can't afford it I mean with my time. My life is a little consuming. Some of the best people out there who are successful are a success because they are self taught.

So as I get back to work this morning and prepare for my best friends birthday this weekend with lots of pranks and my birthday 3 days later. I'm a happy busy mom!. Have a great day everyone!

The cupcakes from yesterday for light it up blue!

Meet Doodle when she dressed up for Freddie for a day.

Life is short, have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment