Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Special Tuesday Blog. It's Freddie for a Day, Autism

This is a special day for me. Today is the day that is celebrating the day that Freddy Mercury was born as Farrokh Bulsara better known as the Queen front man Freddie Mercury. We celebrate his life, his voice and his message of Love.

Back when Doodle had really no speech she would at least try to sing Queen songs. It started with I want to break free. She was obsessed with the video. And she played this video a lot! Once she got into the really good school where she learned to read, write and do math, her speech was finally coming in. And with that her choice in songs changed. The next song was somebody to love. But if you really break down the song and listen to the words to could hear what she was trying to say. Can anybody find me? When I really heard that sentence it moved me. But this was as her speech was starting to come in. She may not have had 20 words at 6 at the time but this really meant a lot to hear.

The next song she began to sing was Break Throu. Yes I know that's not spelled correctly but that's the title of the song and how it's written. And boy did she break through. Her speech was amazing and it was only 6 months worth of time that she went from no speech to a good portion of speech. There was a time I never thought that she would be able to speak. Seriously, I didn't think that she would be able to read or write or do math. And now she's a little math genius. It's rare that a child on the spectrum would ever be able to have the art thing and the math thing. I'm still hoping that she might still want to be a doctor. Prayers up for that one.

So we love Freddie Mercury in our home. Heck, love him so much he's on the back of my vehicle. When she couldn't speak she was able to sing. He helped to give her a voice that I never thought she would be able to have.

And even though I have skipped a post on Monday, you get the surprise blog post for today. A Tuesday, which is a day off of schedule that's still okay. I hope you guys had a relaxed Monday.

So in honor of FFAD I submit to you a picture of Doodle dressed up as Freddie Mercury and our new Freddie Mercury shirts to celebrate today.

See you on the flip side.


No comments:

Post a Comment