Thursday, January 8, 2015

Autism first mommy second

All of my work for business gets done while Doodle is in school. Tomorrow I have an IEP meeting and it' going to be a cold snap here. I'm not worried about Doodle, I've already made most of her winter clothes already and tonight I'm working on mine. Not to mention the script I still need to finish up for the commercial for Something Building. It took me 4 hours but I managed to finish my leggings. I finished my cloak when it turned fall so I don't have to worry about that. The button on her school pants she keeps popping off and that needed to be sewn back on.

So this is the way that it goes. In the morning I get up and get myself ready. While I put my make up on and have my first cup of coffee I try to wake up Doodle. By the time she is dressed I head outside to crank the vehicle. I come back inside brush her teeth and hair and then do my teeth and hair. From there we are out the door headed to school in a nice warm vehicle.

I do the quick drop off and head back home to get all my work done. Tomorrow after my IEP meeting I will try to revamp this blog. Put in some information so that it's not so confusing and who ever reads this will know this is not only a blog about autism but a blog about working moms who own their own business(es). And yeah there will be ads on here. I need to revamp the Something Building blog too but right now that requires a meeting with the host of the show. I'm just the co-host. I would love to advertise for the companies that we support on that blog. But if my partner doesn't agree I can't touch it, just write for it.

So what was my night like? Well, Doodle had a fit because she had to have a bath. She tried to tear up the bathroom. I went to remove out of her little hands what she was trying to tear up and she tried to bite me on my face. Yeah that was fun! I stood my ground and let her know who was in charge. "That is not the way we act when we are upset. You know better. No ipad for tomorrow and if you don't behave no Chill on Friday." Well that got her back in line quick. She loves her Chill days with her Uncle. She looks forward to it every single week. And the only reason she gets that is because she is so well behaved. But I won't put up with trying to bite people especially on the face. There is no call for it. Her feelings were hurt and she went to bed whining. She did tell me she was sorry, which is what she's suppose to do when she realizes that she's done something wrong.

I ignored her as she tried to talk to me after I put her to bed. I wanted to finish crocheting my leggings. After I finished those and chatted with my best friend over facebook, I sewed the button back on her school pants. Like I said, it's suppose to be really cold tomorrow and she's already worn 2 pairs of pants to school this week. I'm not about to put her in a dress or skirt.

With a busy day tomorrow I am reminded that I read you need to leave potential clients with an impression. Well it's a little harder to figure out what type of business cards we are going to order for jk by 31, but for jsn and the vaseline that I make, that's a no brain er. Today I picked up some small travel canvass bags that the tubes of vaseline will go in to the clients. On the bag will be my company name. I don't have to worry about putting my name on it or a way to contact me. I'm the owner, the free advertising for my company is all I really need. Put I might make a tag to attach with yarn that will be like a business card. I can print those up on card stock and cut them out all day long. It's the touch of personal that people enjoy.

So as you see my day was full, my night was full and I'm going to say my prayers tonight, thankful that the Lord kept me busy today. It was another great day.

I hope you have a good one today!

No comments:

Post a Comment