Sunday, January 11, 2015

Autism and Work

Yeah, I know a few posts back I said I was going to be working on the blog and changing it around. I'm still working on that. Hey I'm only on my second pot of coffee right now. The cold and I don't get along. My (ex) says I'm like a lizard. I don't like the cold. Give me bare feet and a hot summer day sidewalk and I'm in Heaven! Like I always told him, God didn't give me the insulation like God gave him! He was always offended by that. I wasn't calling him fat but he took it that way. He is a very attractive man to me. Nice and tall.

I'm sitting here thinking that I should write that I'm considered a little person compared to most people when I'm reminded of an incident several months ago. Doodle's school was having a play day. All the kids in the school participate in a whole day of play. My cousin has a wife who has children that go to Doodle's school. And well she's been a bit stuck up. She's one of those people that can generate the shock and awe on my face. She thinks it's funny to flip off her mother and father in law and tell them to sit and spin. Yeah, I can't have Doodle around that. Well, it was bound to happen. She's been avoiding me like the plague since I moved back home and we just bumped into each other. I ordered Doodle 3 yogurts from the her favorite yogurt place that was holding a vendor event at the play day and she just happened to be there. At first she ignored me! Relief! And then she spoken to me, saying, "I thought that was you but I just wasn't sure." Okay I will admit it. I look a lot differently wearing makeup and now I won't be caught dead without it if I have to leave out of the house. If my best friend invites me to a party or some place he is at and I respond back I'm not wearing my make up he tells me don't you dare show up! Like I said I look a lot differently without makeup on.

Anyways, I turned my head to the sound of her voice to give her a smile and answer her question when I couldn't seem to find her. And that's when I had to look down! I was shocked I will admit it. I never realized how short she was. Like she was standing in a hole. I have never had to look down to speak to anyone. It's always me that has to look up. And I was wearing my Freddie Mercury adidas. It wasn't like I was wearing my heels. Though I do have some pretty cute heels! Thank you Ross, Dress for Less. I get all my pants, underwear, Doodle's pants and shoes from Ross. Everything else comes from the thrift store to be refashioned into something fabulous! I bought close to 15 skirts from the Goodwill that cost me a little over $5.00. Over half of those were turned into shirts. One was cut wrong on the bottom but it made the bottom so cute and different. It's my favorite piece!

Back on track. Yes I am working on changing up the blog. It needs it. I'm not much of a blogger and I do have lots of things on the to do list. I can't think that I'm doing good by just changing the picture to reflect the holiday. I'm trying to get it right but it's taking me a bit. It will get there. And now I have less then 15 minutes before I have to be at the Something Building photo shoot, so I see you guys later. Have a great day.




No comments:

Post a Comment