Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Weight and Autism

I'm going to get a little personal with this one today. Yes, I used to be a chunky girl. I never had time for me when it came to making sure Doodle was taken care of and went to all of her appointments. Working full time for myself and taking care of a household was not that hard to do for me. I also never made the time to take care of myself. I was always on the go.

Look, you need to take care of you. You are no good to anyone including your child if you don't take care of yourself. Some of the most successful women I know take a day or two a week to look after themselves. And they work like maniacs. But they also don't have a child on the spectrum. One thing that I have noticed is that since I have gone from a size 22 to a 12-14 I now have the energy to keep up with Doodle. A lot of people say that her energy is a lot like the energizer bunny. And yeah, it's that way from morning until night. She's still very active just before sleep hits her.

So do you know what your value or worth is. It's worth a lot considering that you are juggling so much. I have 2 lines that are about to launch for my company. They are about a month away from going live and I can feel the strain of the stress boiling through my bones. I'm getting to the point again where I just want to be a slacker and only work at night. Well, I can't do that because it will take away too much time from Doodle if I do that. 

I haven't taken my Plexus in several weeks and I'm holding strong at 12-14. I'm happy at this size and when Spring time hits and we start to get more light in the evenings so Doodle and I can walk around the neighborhood again, then I will dropping weight again. I was one of those larger parents and if you are too you don't have to be. It's physically and mentally draining to be on up there in size. Television and snacking used to be the crutch with coping with everything but not anymore. 

If you have to multi-task 3-4 days a week to get through all the work I suggest you do that but I strongly suggest that you make time for yourself!It's not a privileged it's a necessity!  

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment