Friday, January 2, 2015

I experienced this with my own eyes - essential oils and Autism

So today I had an appointment to help an old friend from middle school. Her son was just diagnosed with autism and he is 7. Yeah, that way late with getting the correct help for him with autism. But you do what you can when you get the diagnose. Before I left the house I had the last minute realization to bring my entire box of essential oils. I've been using essential oils for almost 3 years now and really won't do anything without them when it comes to anything that touches Doodle's skin.

Her problem was her son was extremely aggressive. It's one of the worst aggression's that I've ever seen dealing with a child on the spectrum. I've heard about many. And in some cases I've experienced it with Doodle. This little boy took it to a whole new level and he acted out on his sister. He even wore gloves. Not because he's cold but more or less for safety. If he's wearing gloves his pinching doesn't hurt his sister as badly as he would if he had no gloves. I needed just a few hours to observe and try to figure out what would help. The night before I made up some little some little trinket necklaces that I made creating my own play dough. Flour, salt and water. Shaped the dough and baked. After they cooled I popped some ribbons through them and then placed some essential oils on them. I wasn't going to leave her with any of the oils that I use on a daily bases and I wasn't sure which essential oils would work best for him. The one two trinkets I put frankincense and orange oil, the oils I use on Doodle. The other two trinkets I put vetiver. Now I'm still trying out vetiver so I can't fully stand behind this oil. I've heard plenty of parents of children on the spectrum that swear by vetiver and I has just gotten my bottle of it from my local health food store. It had to be ordered and had just gotten in when the school holiday started.

So today I was running late getting to her house. All because I had to go back for my entire essential oil supply. When I got to her house and gave her two children their trinkets I was ready to observe. She has two children and it wouldn't be fair to give one a gift and not the other. I let his mother give them the gifts. She put the vetiver trinket on him and the frankincense orange oil on her daughter. And of course Doodle was wearing one that I had made up for her the night before too. After the kids played outside for awhile and I got to see her son try to torture his sister at every turn, I was ready to go inside and add some more essential oils to their trinkets. In the middle of my box of oils was my rarely used but still used myrrh.

If you have never experienced myrrh it's one of those must oils if you deal with someone that has a very ill temper. It makes a person calmer almost instantly. Once a few drops were placed on the trinket and smeared on it I placed a dab on the back of his neck. I asked him to smell his trinket to see if he liked it and he smiled. About 20 minutes later he asked for his gloves to be removed so he could properly play with Doodles ipad. His mother reluctantly agree. She never felt comfortable with him not having his gloves because he was so aggressive.

His mother and I sat down in her den and caught up on life. The good the bad and the ugly. After an hour and 30 minutes it dawned on her that her son had yet to attack his sister. I figured when I brought Doodle with me he wouldn't try to harm her. He is 7, Doodle is 8 and she towered over him and his sister like a giant!

Even after we left a good 5 hours later he was still holding strong with being calm. Doodle got a good play date and I got to catch up with my old friend. I don't mind helping. Even if I didn't know her personally and she had asked me to help I would have.

UPDATE: It's 9:50 and shortly before bed he was still being so calm with no more problems. She's ready to place an order. My problem is I don't sell essential oils yet. But MLM (multi-level marketing) is always a possibility for anyone. As they say in the stock market. Spread the risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment