Sunday, January 25, 2015

I love my child even with Autism

One of the reason's why I do this blog is because I love my child. I don't understand why some parents hate autism so much that some have taken the life of their child. Some people out there really can't stand children on the spectrum. Like it's a brand new thing hitting only children. Well, surprise there's tons of adults with autism. Why hate on a child. I have a dear friend that hates autism. He very protective over Doodle but can't stand autism. Well, just like her birth mark autism is apart of her.

To me autism is not a disability it's an ability. An ability to see how far she can reach her goals, what all she can accomplish in her art. I love my Doodle. She's my only baby. Any body that meets Doodle falls in love with her because she is such a loving child. And opinionated. The child will tell you what she does and doesn't like. Today I got to watch her play with two other children. Basically, she played like they didn't exist. And the little time that she actually played with them she was a bit rough. Which tells me that I need to send her teacher a note that while Doodle is in class can they do role play on how to play with other kids. 

It's not too much to request. It was something they did at Doodle's last school. It's apart of what she needs to learn. Re-enforcing taking turns is something that needs to be addressed. It's been a long day for us. To the point where Doodle didn't want to leave my friend house. I think it was because of the toys that she was playing with. They have lots of toys. Well she did too at one point in time. We are just living a little simple life right now.

Well, it's been a long day and I'm ready for bed. Just as Doodle is already "sawing logs" that the direction I'm heading. Straight to bed. Hope you guys had a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment