Thursday, December 18, 2014

When Business Changes and Autism

So the jewelry that my best friend and I sell creating our own small business has merged with another company. Now grant it we haven't really been at that long. Maybe about 3-4 months we have been selling JK jewelry. Well, there has been a merger. I've already discussed mlm business mergers on the Something Building blog which you can find here http://somethingbuilding.blogspot.com/2014/12/multi-level-marketing-mergers-and-how.html

Now what this post is about is not only are we starting over in our business but starting at the bottom wrung again. No big deal we aren't the only ones starting on the bottom wrung. Everyone who wants to continue on with their business has to start at the bottom. Good news is the company that we merged with is thirty-one and I met a few months ago a wonderful girl whose business is thirty-one. She's excited and I'm excited. And the one thing that we both have in common is our love of special needs kids.

So it was no surprise that we were chatting on facebook and she shared the purse that we will all be selling. A cute candy pink purse made by Jewell purse company that was founded by thirty-one's owners' own sister. And that's the moment Doodle came over to the computer. Now remember Doodle has autism and yes she can read. Remember these children have words and pictures thrust upon them the moment they go into therapy. Even if they can't say the words they can read them. And the words out of Doodles mouth is, "I want pink candy purse, please." Well, now I know the first order I'm placing when we all start selling the purses and the JK jewelry. The pink candy purse in March. She's turning into such a girl!

So thanks Mandi! That's all I needed to purchase. Two candy pink purses, one for me and the other for her!

But here's the biggest shock for you guys. Yeah, I sell jewelry and not essential oils. WHAT??? Yeah I know. I truly believe in essential oils but I don't sell them. That's kind of funny to me. When my favorite essential oil company starts selling as multi-level marketing then I will be signing up faster then you can blink. The reason I don't use Young Living or DoTerra is because I can't stand behind a company that I can't run out and get at that very moment. When I get it into my head to create a new product for Doodle and myself to use I can't wait a week or more to get the oils. I have to be able to have them in my hands at that very moment. The essential oils that I use that are easy for me to purchase from any health food store is Now. I love their oils. Moderately priced so I'm not going over any type of budget and can still deal with Doodle's growth spurts, since all we had were the clothes on our backs when we started over.

There is a company called Aura Cacia that sells essential oils too. And the reason I'm not over the moon about them like I am over the Now company is they are certified and it's pure but my problem is it's too strong. The Now company puts grape seed oil or other carrier oil in their products and when I put them on my face they don't burn. Case in point Tuesday night I put carrot seed oil on my face from the Aura Cacia company. It burned my skin and that feeling would not go away. I tried putting rose hip oil on it to take away the sting. That didn't work. I finally put my homemade Vaseline on it. Ah the relief! Luckily for me I didn't end up with redness on my face.

If you haven't tried to make your own Vaseline I highly suggest that you attempt creating this just once. Especially, since it's winter. It keeps your skin hydrated and bonus, no chemicals. You know exactly what you put into it.

Will I date again? Probably not. That was a hassle. Fun but still a lot of hassle. Will I get married again? More then likely not, unless Johnathan Silver Scott is the one asking. He is so easy on the eyes! Can you tell I watch a lot of HGTV? Okay, so I really don't have time to really watch HGTV but it is always playing in the background and I do get to catch a glimpse of him here and there. Luckily for me Johnathan gets more air time then his twin brother Drew. You can tell them apart by their smiles.

So here's the big question for today. Who is your favorite Property Brother and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment