Monday, December 15, 2014

Finally got the blog autism picture finished

I love graphic design. Creating new and unique pictures that you can manipulate. Out of my sometimes crazy unpredictable life, manipulating pictures is self soothing for me. Brings calm to the chaos. I showed Doodle the new work that I created for this blog and looking at the frog I didn't have to tell her what type of frog it was. She already knew and said, "Hey look, tree frog!"

The reason I picked the tree frog to go with the puzzle piece is sometimes it's confusing to know what the symbol for autism is. Some pages have a frog and it is the ugliest frog I've seen. Other sites have the puzzle piece and then there is the last group. The group that has the blue. Well my company already had the blue on our logo because that was the way I wanted it to be designed. I started off in the beginning by keeping it simple. Something that I could draw free hand as well as do in the computer.

Maybe I will change my company logo down the road. Maybe not. It's my business, my baby, I will dress it the way that I want too.

And speaking of dressing it the way I want to, has anyone else read the Refashionista? I love her blog. If you haven't had a chance to catch it you can find it here. http://refashionista.net/ I can spend hours looking through her site.

As well as her site I also love finding people to follow on Pinterest that like to refashion. I don't try all the refashions because I'm not a fan of some of the looks.

Well today is a Sunday and since Doodle is home we are enjoying another day of leisure. The tablet died and needed to be charged. I won't let her use it while it charges because she is killing all the charger cords! I've been through 9 chargers in 3 months. That's is just killing my bottom line. As the chargers for ipad mini's at $15.00 a piece. She was upset when I plugged it in to be charged and closed it up in a drawer. But after awhile she went to playing with her Melissa and Doug doorbell/locks house. I got it at the thrift store for $2.49. For those that know the company you know that piece runs pretty high. This is one of those things I allow for her to play with because it helps her with her fine motor skills. All while she watches Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. She loves that movie. Normally she runs around the house while it's on and gets mad when you try to change the channel. Life on the spectrum can be challenging but in all honesty it doesn't have to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment