Saturday, December 13, 2014

I make her smile

So tonight I'm working on a graphic design piece that I will be using for this blog and on my website. Not only do I own my own business but I also co-work with my best friend on a few projects. We do a show together that I write the blog for and we sell jewelry together. The multi level marketing jewelry company that we have as a business just merged and we've been trying to find out all the details and if we should could continue on or not. My best friend and I are excited over the news. We get more than just jewelry to sell now and we both agree this is fantastic news.

Being a business owner is a lot of fun. And just like having a child it can be very demanding. But I wouldn't change it because it's a free schedule. I don't report to anyone but myself and sometimes my best friend. Hey he's my doodle's Godfather, he understands. I will say that if I worked in his office that he has cause he owns his own business that he created as well I would not have a flexible schedule and would put a strain on our relationship. Always remember to know where you stand.

Today is a Saturday and my doodle oop is out of school on the weekends. And Christmas is coming which means less time for work more time for my little doodle. Today has been a bit long for me. Trying to watch my daughter, trying to get through this book that needs to be finished. It's work related.

I was in the process of starting her wind down. But it doesn't really happen until our ipad is taken away from her. Remember that's a stimulate to the brain. If you want her child to get sleep and you allow them to have that at bedtime it's a big mistake. This week I had been doing a lot of refashioning. I'm love love loving refashioning. Taking old clothes and making them new again. Well, Doodle is into the infinity scarf. She can't get enough of them.  Has to wear shirts that have them. I had been hearing a lot about the Goodwill stores that offer clothing for $1.00 a pound and well I found one of those Goodwill stores. I went there and bought a few shirts and sweaters. The sweaters I turned into infinity scarves and leg warmers. Only one sweater I couldn't do anything else with after I turned it into parts of it into leg warmers. Since it was close to bedtime I figured I could just give the sweater to my large dog to wear. Her fur isn't as thick as my shelties' fur. My doodle called out, "Good job, mom!" I had no idea she was even paying attention to me. I sometimes forget she's more observant than I give her credit for.

So tonight we were just chilling enjoying the weekend. Jumping on the trampoline earlier today. She wanted to just lay on the trampoline and me pop her up with my jumps. I wanted to jump with her. I won out. We held hands and jumped together. Laughing and giggling until all the jumping gave me a headache. I've gone from a size 22 to a size 14 which are a bit baggy and I can fit in a size 12. I can't be back at 22 as it was really hard to keep up with my doodle oop. Children on the spectrum have so much energy! And they can run off quickly and we as parents have to be able to keep up.

As it's getting to be 11 pm and I still have a lot of graphic design work to finish up, I will end this here. Property Brothers is on and I love Jonathan Silver Scott. Nothing hotter then a man who can work with his hands! And I've gotten messages from a few friends asking me to tell them more about EO's (essential oil's) that I use because my doodle is on NO medications for behavior. Back before I discovered EO's she needed to be medicated because her behavior was horrible! I used to call her the wild child because that's the way she was, WILD! I will discuss EO's in later posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment