Thursday, December 11, 2014

Entrepreneur and Autism

Having my own business has afforded me the opportunity to be able to drop anything at a moments notice to make sure that my daughter went to all her therapy appointments, doctors appointments and was able to be there for her from the moment she got on the school bus to the moment she got off the school bus in the afternoons. Whether you have created your own business as I have done or you do multi level marketing, having your own business makes being a parent of a child with disabilities less stressful during these hectic moments of our lives.

Because I do work at home I used to have a lot of distractions during the day that kept me form getting all of my work done during the week. It wasn't just my daughter it was the life that I lived. Luckily for me, our life has changed dramatically. I've never been a fashion conscious kind of girl. I'm a rebel. Always have been always will be. Keeping up with fashion will never be my forte. Family has always laughed at me when I would wear different clothing sometimes a year before it became popular. I like what I like, what can I say?

I've always been fiercely loyal to my family no matter what. And for that I lost myself in my marriage, my business and therapy. I did so much research in my daughters short life that I gave google a run for it's money! During the summer my life got flipped upside down. My daughter and I found ourselves basically homeless. Lost everything in regards to my business and had to pick the pieces and start from scratch in a new town starting with a new life. Yeah I'm tackling this stage of my life. I've worked hard with my daughter and her autism. No one understands her better then I do. And why not, I'm her voice when she can't say what she's trying to say.

So always remember your convenience of your business is yours and yours alone. No one can take that from you. And when they do the pieces are easy to pick up. You will get back on your feet and the hump is just a small mole hill. You created your business, you work hard on it. Just don't be stupid, protect your business and your heart. Because the heart is where life begins and life flows.

On that note I have one more blog to write for Something Building the show that my friend and I do together and then on to Graphic Design. Have a great day and entrepreneur on!


No comments:

Post a Comment