Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Finding laughter in chaos, Autism

Sometimes finding the laughter in life can be really hard. Here I am working without a to do list. Working on sales for 31, painting my nails, writing a post for this blog and writing a post for my JSN Creative Services blog, keeping up with tsu, facebook, twitter and a sick child with limited speech. She can talk I know she can it's forming the sentences most of the time that's the problem. And usually it's mimicking what she sees and hears on youtube. Thanks Elmo and the other one I keep blocking on the computer but shows up on the ipad anyways. I don't mind hearing Mr. Noodle over and over again but the other one with the language. Goodness!

My list of things to be done are long. So I take a break outside because it sounds like my dog is going nuts as the yard man shows up to cut the front yard. And that's when I see him. My soaping spoon. This is a wooden spoon I have used for years to make soap. Soap that has helped Doodle be more productive. How can soap make a child more productive? My soap does not have the sls chemical in it, therefor her skin is not irritated at all and she can concentrate on what's going on around her. She doesn't have that feeling of "pins stabbing her" like most children on the spectrum get. Sometimes medications can fix this. I don't do medications with Doodle. I address the sensory issues. Making my own soaps was far cheaper for me verses using medications. The money that I save on creating different soaps for different needs has saved me money through the years as well.

Yes, I'm one of those people that pays $1.72 for 10 gallons of laundry detergent. It's basically cost me $.98 for shampoo bars that I will have an ample supply of. And about the same price for soap to clean our bodies with. I have complete control over the entire process and that includes the scents I put in it. I burn the lye off and the soap is ready to use in 2 days. Barely a curing process to deal with.

But back on subject. The soaping spoon. I allowed Doodle to play with it yesterday and this morning I find it no longer a spoon. A former shell of what it's suppose to be. One of the dogs turned it from a wooden spoon to a fork. It's a sad day for me. I'm so broken up about it I made an announcement on my personal facebook page about it, which reads: It is with a heavy heart that I announce the passing of a dear dear friend. He's made lots of soap with me through the years. This morning I found him on the ground. One of the dogs turned him from a wooden spoon to a fork. RIP soaping spoon you served me well.

I do find this all hilarious. This is what I get for letting Doodle play with my spoon. The last time it was used was to dye some of our clothing that makes up our spring and summer wardrobe. Hence the reason way it's purple. I did use him a couple of times to melt the soap to make my laundry detergent. But as for make actual soap it's been almost a year. Well, he was getting on up there in age thanks to the lye. I do have replacements. I've been preparing for this day months ago. It's got some eager players ready to do the job and they are sturdier then he is. Bamboo is suppose to be a stronger wood so we will see.

Hope you guys enjoyed the laugh. Have a great day!

RIP Soaping spoon. You've served me well and you will be missed.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment