Friday, March 20, 2015

Mandisa's Overcomer and Autism

This morning was a breeze getting her ready. Doodle put her clothes on without a fight and not once did she say NO SCHOOOOOOL. Candy for a reward to get ready did the trick. This morning I did not offer her with words of candy to get ready. Instead I just gave her a piece of candy for getting dressed without complaint. It's the simple things that makes life so good.

Yesterday I started the hunt on my computers for the artwork for one of the children stories that I'm working on. Surprise they aren't on any of the computers that I have with me. They on the larger giga byte in the upper part of the state.

While trying to figure out what to do Mandisa's Overcomer comes on my iheart radio app. And it hits me. I can recreate them using the jpegs I have. It's going to take far longer to recreate all the images from scratch but in the end I will have a product that I can live with and work with. It will just take some time. Maybe I will get lucky and the Lord will guide my hands and create the work in less time. I can live with that. The point is when life gives you difficulties anything can be overcome. I would like to just snap my fingers and everything would be done but that's not how life works.

And as this blog is being written I get a call from the school nurse. Doodle is having sensory issues with hearing today. Everything is much louder to her today then normal. Well, that's not good. It's not an ear ache it's everything is just too loud and she can't process it all in. But to be on the safe side I head to the school with ear ache medication and Frankincense. Why Frankincense you might ask? Well this is my go to oil that has very positive effects on Doodle. No other oils work as well as Frankincense does. It calms her down, it helped to cure her ear ache when the medication just wasn't working.

I know when the issue started. Yesterday while walking through the neighborhood the guy at the house who's kids say such horrible things to Doodle came riding through our new walking route. We bypass their house like the plague. On two occasions one of the kids said such hateful things. On two different occasions the kids came swarming around Doodle and myself and the boy ran his scooter into my leg and both of the swarming occasions she got violently sick. The first time was with a raging fever 104 and that bad boy stuck around through doctors appointments and countless medications for an entire week. The last time the swarm happened she threw up that night. So to keep Doodles' quality of life intact I decided to go a different route. Well the father, live in boyfriend I don't know but the guy that lives there has a motorcycle. And he decided that it was a perfect time to ride his bike around the neighborhood, on our new route. As he passed he revved the motor.

Well, that was the end of it. Doodle was frozen to the the spot where we stopped. Her little hands pressed against her ears as if trying to keep them from falling off from the side of her head. It was all down hill from there. I'm pretty sure trying to get her to walk in the afternoons is going to pretty much be a thing of the past soon if I don't figure out what to do.

I'm thinking of buying over sized headphones. You know the ones I'm talking about. Just like the ones they used to wear in the 80's. Now to see if I can find a pair that aren't overly expensive. This will help with the sensory but it eventually creates another problem for me. She can't wear the headphones on just about 24/7. She needs to be able to adjust and grow familiar with her surrounds again like she has done so well in the past.

As of right now she has her Frankincense. This will help offset some of the problems and issues that she's experiencing right now. Finding the right oil is key to progressing in a world that is not made for children on the spectrum.

And on that note I have a ton of work that needs to be taken care of and her illustrations fine tuned so that I can begin the conversion process for her new book that's currently in the works.

Have a great day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment