Monday, March 30, 2015

Getting work done, sickness and Autism

Another sick day. These allergies she gets are driving me made. She has her ipad, I'm playing way-fm on my computer. I just can't get enough of way-fm. It's a station that truly gets me through the good and bad in life. Face it, raising a child on the spectrum can be a challenge.

With Doodle's new favorite word this week being no I'm about ready to put myself in time out. For a child who's home sick she doesn't act like it. She's up running around, full of energy. I want her energy. I would be able to get so much done if I had a small portion of that energy.

Since I've started watching an itty bitty I'm not really able to get much work done. Children on the spectrum and itty bitty's require so much attention. I'm seriously drowning in work. My to do list has pretty much flipped me off and made a break for it. Normally, I'm so optimistic about life but today, a Monday I am just defeated.

I think it's time to find the rainbow and jump start this day. Something has got to give and it's going to be the to do list. The first thing I can knock off the list is going to be this blog post. The next to be knocked off the list is going to be posting about the new 31 products that are rolling out. I'm sure there is some. Either that or I'll post about what's helpful for families.

They say when you own your own business that you work more hours and more days without days off. Yeah, it's pretty much true. Throw in sick kids and you're pretty much ready to rip your hair out. Oh and let's not forget about this new class I'm taking to help me with illustrating children's books. Pup's I've pretty much left alone except for the images that I had to put in because there were not enough images to get the book finished. My illustrator for that book had a stroke and was told he shouldn't do anymore work and that included art. So of course I had to do what I needed to do. But I'm pretty much happier with it and this way I can continue with the series by using the original work he created. And I can continue to give him credit for it and a paycheck. Life can be hard but the kindness of others doesn't have to be.

Time to find some motivation, some laughter and get this week done! Have a great day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment