Thursday, March 26, 2015

Stressful day in Autism

So this is how my morning went. I woke up at 7:30. That's the time that we are at the school for drop off. Luckily for us we live just down the street from the school. Walking distance if we prefer. Well, it was such a rush to get out the door I didn't have time to brush her teeth. We run out to the car and the moment I open the driver side door I hear the first bell ringing. NO! We are so late! The tardy bell will ring the moment that we get there.

Traffic wasn't so bad but the school crossing guard was keeping my lane from going. Oh we are going to be so late. When I finally get through and get to the school her Para-educator is nowhere in site. I get out of the car and walk Doodle to class when her old Para-educator who now directs traffic in the morning says, "Forgot today was the day they don't wear a uniform didn't you?" I hung my head in shame. Yes I forgot. I thought it was next week. I lost track of the days. This is what I get for not paying attention to the notes that come home. By the time I am almost to her class there in the hallway is a little girl probably in the 5th grade. She's in tears, in her school uniform. Doodle is happy and just about skipping to class. The little girls mother is right there beside her trying to comfort her. Her mother is trying to be encouraging. You look so pretty. Don't worry so much. Do you want a hair ribbon in your hair? I can't let Dana feel this way if her classmates are not wearing uniforms. She likes to do things that the other kids are doing. She likes to feel that she's apart of the crowd. Treated lie a normal child. We get to class and I inform them that I will be back with her outfit and that I'm sorry that I forgot about dressing out of uniform.

I run back to the car and head home. I'm so stressed by this point I'm just about beside myself. I haven't even made coffee yet. At home I quickly find an outfit that I know she will wear with no problems. One I don't have to second guess that might be a little loose or a little tight but fits just right. As I walk out the door I make a pot of coffee. I have enough creamer and 1 stevia packet to make just one cup for myself. I will not walk out the door without a cup of coffee. My day doesn't truly begin without a cup of coffee. Thankfully for me I have a coffee maker that's pretty quick. Get my cup made and I am back out the door. By the time I'm almost to my car I've split a bit of my coffee and it looks like her clothes are the causality.

I'm on the verge of just giving up, but checking over her green and white shirt with a lace butterfly sewn to the back and her decorative blue jeans and a sigh of relief falls over my face. No coffee fell on them. Thank you Lord for that little blessing that I would have taken for granted had I not been so stressed out today.

Getting into the car it's back off to the races. I get to the school they let me change her quickly and I'm blessed to walk her to the cafeteria as she again skipped down the hall. Why they don't allow the special needs children to sit with other children in the mornings I have no idea. The school announcements had already been said while I was at home trying to put together her outfit and school was in full swing.

I came back home in which my mother informed me that she was going to be watching a puppy for a few days. Well that's fine. Nothing I have to do and it won't change my schedule any.

At this point I'm still so stressed out I just decided to lay down and calm down a bit so that I can de-stress so I can get back to work. I'm working on animation this week and my business partner is hating it because it has our faces in this animation ad I'm creating. He says it's creepy and I guess having your head turned into a cartoon it is pretty much creepy. But it's really hard to get us together at the same time right now and with this I will only have to create scenes and record his voice to attach to the model. Pretty simple and so far it's a lot of fun to do.

As I was laying down trying to de-stress my mother came into my room and asked if I was asleep. I told her no, just laying down to de-stress. She said, "Can you help me out with this one?" I'm thinking why on earth do I need to help with a puppy? Looking up I realized that's no puppy. She brought home a baby to babysit. An itty bitty. Now I haven't watched an itty bitty since Doodle was that size. I haven't really tried to break my neck trying to hold an itty bitty because having my own child is enough for me. I haven't even babysat for anyone in 10 + years. Face it, autism has kept my hands busy.

He seems like a sweet baby. Doesn't really fuss. But he does like to stay outside all day. And yeah I will admit while laying down I did have a conversation with God that I would like to take today off. Playing with the baby took away my stress and no I'm not getting any work done but it's becoming pretty awesome.

A one point taking him for a walk today we stopped and chatted with some of the neighbors. Do you remember in the past posts that there were neighborhood kids that were torturing Doodle to the point that she no longer wants to walk. Well, no one rents that house longer then 3 months. It's a constant revolving door. The neighbors think it's a section 8 house, I think it's haunted. I've heard of people that live in section 8 and have lived at their homes for years. But a haunted house will be a revolving door. Normally those houses can't stay rented or lived in for longer then 3 months. And that's what I'm hoping for. And the shocker! Doodle and I are not the only ones that are having problems out of those neighbors. Apparently, they disregard other neighbors and are quickly becoming hated in the neighborhood. They flipped off a few neighbors so needless to say the house will be available soon hopefully. Just a month or so to go and Doodle can be back on a normal routine and the pests will be gone. I know I shouldn't say that but I am praying blessings for them. Nothing to harm them. If they can feel the love of God they will change their ways.

Well, time to try and get some work done today if it is at all possible. Have a great day.

My new little buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment