Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The Story of Us Blog and Autism

I just read a blog post from The Story of Us. You know who this little mother is. She created the video of why moms can't get anything done with a baby around. Her precious little girl takes the clothes out of the drawer as soon as she puts them folded nice and neat in the drawer. The video actually has a lot more to it then just this and of course every mother can relate to this.

Doodle is 9 and has autism. When I do laundry it is a rush to get the clean clothes in the drawers they belong in because well, Doodle likes to throw clean clothes on the floor. Sometimes she even takes off with them and hides them in the bed. 9 year olds shouldn't do things like that. They are old enough to know better. Mentally, Doodle is like a toddler. So get over yourself. It's my life not yours. I'd much rather have this then what most parents who have children on the spectrum go through. She doesn't bang her head anymore, no longer rips her hair out at the roots. We have speech and we have other ways to communicate such as sign language and a communication book. So I'm doing pretty good.

One of the things that hit me the most in The Story of Us blog is not what she had to say about how she goes from place to place with a toddler but what she put at the end. As a Jesus Freak I can relate to the words in the Bible. Some I still struggle with and some I've embraced and taken to heart. The Lord will answer your prayers when you ask. He knows what you are going to ask for before you ask. But the key to this is that you have to ask. Open your mouth and speak it. Which is why TobyMac sings Speak Life. It's the whole what you say is what is important.

Yeah, my morning is consisting of telling the Lord what I need help with today. I sit here typing this and listening to Way-FM. I have it on the iPad. It plays from evening to noon most of the times. I use the music to help keep me in check. If I didn't have the verse going it's pretty hard for me to keep my emotions in check. Pray without ceasing is the best way to keep your connection with God. Remember we are suppose to have Christ living in us.

And on that note I have a lot of things that have to be done today. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment