Monday, August 7, 2017

Welcome back to school, Autism

The day before school lets back in is the time when life can get a bit hectic. But it doesn't have to be. Kids are going back to school. For this mom it's time for mommy time! During the summer I worked. And I worked a lot. I also stayed stressed a lot, because my vehicle also needed a major repair to the engine. Now is the time Doodle goes back to school and gets extra therapy thanks to our new school and I get time to actually think. No YouTube blaring in the background. But I get to catch up on all the things that need to be done. Soaps, painting mediums and new art book, plus I want to get back to working on this blog.

So today is the day before school starts and what did I do today? Put Doodle in her new school shoes and went to meet the teacher. What did I learn? Doodle though, she picked out these new shoes that light up she also decided today was the day she no longer liked said shoes. So we were on the hunt for new Sketchers. Yeah, the shoe choice of kids on the spectrum. Why oh why does it have to be such an expensive shoe company?? Well, where we moved to there happens to be a Sketchers Outlet store just 5 miles away from our house and I like to shop clearance section cause it's cheaper.

So what do you do moms and dads, the day before school starts? Make life easier on yourselves. Take you child to their favorite place to eat. Let them have fun and enjoy the day before the new routine goes into effect. And go early! Dairy Queen to the rescue for this mom. That way you can start bedtime routine an hour earlier. And while your child is in the bathtub, go ahead and put the iPad to bed too. At a certain time of the night is when Doodle knows iPad time is over and she has to put it in it's designated spot for the entire night and she's not allowed to touch it until I'm awake. Also, during bath time I like to spray down her bed with water mixed with lavender oil. Lots of lavender oil. I use the Now brand. If you prefer something else, use that but for a tight budget the Now company is just as pure as the other companies.

Doodle gave no fight and went to bed after a short time. Thank you melatonin for kicking in so quickly tonight. So what do I do while she's snoozing. I went and got my shower. While we were out shopping today I also bought myself a pair of shoes cause lets face it, parents need to keep up with kids on the spectrum. Can't do that with shoes that are about to be at the point where they have seen better days. And there is no support in these shoes cause I bought them at work to splatter up for our Splatter event at work.

I got my shower and exfoliated cause it's very rare I get to pamper myself in the shower. Afterwards I put on the biore strip. Because the first day of school is the first day of mom time or dad time. And the most important part of tomorrow is what is the most important day for you.

Your little bundle of precious is going to be dropped off or put on the bus, please refrain from kissing the bus driver when they pull up. I know you will be tempted but please refrain. When your child gets back into the doors of higher education, make sure that you have your own play date already scheduled. My friend Stacey and I meet up every Monday during the school year to catch up and just enjoy adult conversation. No kids hitting themselves or having a meltdown. Or playing my favorite game of trying to figure out what they want or what they are trying to say. If you don't have this moment for yourself scheduled; now would be the time to get that scheduled. And hurry school is about to be here. It's starting early for us this year. So early the Holderness family has yet to get their back to school video done. I was so hoping to post it tomorrow on my Facebook page. But hey, what can you do?

Also if you have pure aloe vera gel, get a makeup pad and put some on your under eyes. It takes away the puffiness of a summer where you wanted to loose your mind at points. Way better then cucumbers and that question of it was on my eyes do I throw it away or eat it??

Two weeks from the day school starts back, make sure that you schedule your manicure and pedicure. Find time in your schedule. This is your recharge. You're a good parent. You deserve to pamper yourself other than just exfoliating in the shower. And two weeks is enough time to either save up a bit and school is in full swing and you've gone back to the normal of what is a good time in our season.

Take care guys. I will be running from the bus in the morning like I sometimes do at work when I get off work by running and screaming, "freedom"!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment