Monday, August 28, 2017

Another busy Monday, Autism

Last week wasn't the most fun week of my life. But just like I've said before it's just a drop in the bucket. So what made it so bad besides Ella Bell? Heck, even she wasn't so bad. That is an opportunity to bring to light that children with special needs are falling through the cracks. It's possibly an opportunity to get a lot of what we need. Back to getting teachers who want to teach and not want to babysit. So many opportunities if only one takes the chance.

Anyway, Wednesday was not my day. I went to get my first cup of coffee for the day and discovered that my coffee maker, though on, was not working. So I had to pull out my dad's old coffee maker. He doesn't do coffee since his first heart attack and whenever I need coffee I'm able to use his coffee maker. I had plans with my bestie to go to her house and dig through her fabric stash. She lucked out when Hancock Fabric went out of business. I should have cleaned them out of wool when I had the chance. My own fault. Doodle had had a fit getting on the bus because I wouldn't let her catch and keep a toad. So I was already stressed. And my day was to go as follows. Either dig through fabric or do a hair appointment. Since Stace showed up, I moved my hair appointment for Thursday, the next day.

I rode with her cause she lives out in the middle of nowhere. I don't even get phone service at her house. I pulled down the passenger side visor and the clip on it broke. Man, I feel so awful cause this is her brand new car! We get to her house and she's showing me her duck and duck pond and some of her favorite things on her farm. I wasn't paying attention and stepped on one of her solar lights. I was not graceful and Wednesday was not my day at all. By lunch time the day was looking up and was getting so much better.

She had to go get her husband after she got off work that night. I was thinking of going with her but when one of her family said they would go with her, I decided that there was no guarantee that we would be back in time to get Doodle up and on the bus at 6:30 that I just couldn't go. 

When I woke up at 6:15 that morning I saw a text that I had missed from Stace. She let me know she was in an accident and a picture of the car on fire. Well, that was not a good start to Thursday. It's a miracle that she was able to hobble away from that. She was hit head on by someone who was either falling asleep at the wheel or was driving drunk. We don't know for sure. She couldn't move off from the road because there was water/marsh on each side of the road.

I did manage to make it to my hair appointment on Thursday but it was rushed because the moment that Stace was back in our town I had to go see her. So it was a rush to get to her, when she stopped by work on her way home and dropped off the paperwork from the hospital. 

Today was a bit better. I replaced the coffee pot, bought some flowers and went to visit my friend. I didn't get anything on my list accomplished except the coffee pot but that's okay. As soon as Doodle was home from school I started laundry cause I just wasn't able to get to that over the weekend. Currently as I type the laundry still has the be finished and I'm sitting in the parking lot of the school because tonight is open house. And wouldn't you know I would show up an hour early for open house. There is suppose to be a spaghetti dinner and I think that might be at 5:30. But hey look at me typing on my blog while trying to multitask because like I said there is no service at my friends house and I couldn't do the blog there. When you go visit a friend who has been in a terrible accident it's best to actually spend time with them and talk face to face. Not stare at phones and hope for the best in a relationship.

Not an hour ago there were maybe 5 cars in the parking lot and everyone is starting to arrive. Now I don't feel so silly. I had been pestering people via text when I first arrived and it dawned on me to try to see if I could just go ahead and see if I could get into my blogger account. That really saves me some time and less stress if I can get this thing finished and out to you.

You know as an autism mom dealing with working part time as an instructor and as a full time entrepreneur sometimes life is hectic and the question of what on earth have I gotten myself into pops into my head on occasion. Yeah today is one of those days but only because there is so much that has to be done. And so very little time to do it in. A visit with flowers, candy and replacement solar lights, laundry, dinner because there is no way that I can bring Doodle to the school after hours. The last time she threw a hissy fit and didn't want to leave. I had to drag her out of the school crying. That was embarrassing. Lesson learned. When I get home I should be able to double check this blog and post. Finish up the laundry and start on some graphic design things that have to be taken care of. I have a magazine that I want to get published that needs to be out by at least the 5th. I'm still on the fence if it's going to be September 5th for Freddie Mercury's birthday or October 5th. The first magazine focuses on fall and basically Halloween. Guess I will just wait and see how far along I get that will determine what month it will be posted on. Heck maybe I will post the announcement on Freddy for day and make final decisions on the magazine until the 5th of October.

Well the parking lot is really starting to fill up now. I have yet to see parents with kids so I can only assume that most of the people showing up are teachers. Hey, what is that? It's a kid in our school uniforms. So it's time to head in.

See you guys on the flip side.


No comments:

Post a Comment