Wednesday, October 14, 2015

I love October Autism

Bet you guys thought you wouldn't hear from me today. Well, here I am. So it's the middle of October. This year is flying by. Just like Doodle's childhood it's passing by quickly. We have a project for school due next week. There will be more about that in the next blog. I'm still very much refreshed and I am getting tons of things done. I used to be one of those moms other moms hated. Oh she can make anything. I'm so sick of her and her crafting projects. Well, it's official! This crafting Queen is back!

Doodle and I have been very busy. So busy in fact a person I know is sick of this great mom. I can't help it even when my husband flipped his wig and kicked us out I was still there to make sure Doodle got to school on time. And no I didn't rely on anyone to help me out. I am her care giver I have to be there for her. She's the only child that I have. Don't hate on me because even when I was in the deep darkest parts of depression I still took care of my kid.

So what have we been busy with? Here is today's project. The dreaded trimming of a child on the spectrum's' nails. Yep, I trimmed her nails while she was wide awake! It's a miracle!! No, not really. I conditioned Doodle by taking her to nail salons for about a good 6 months. I let them deal with the head ache while I got my mommy time and doting over Doodle for being such a good girl. That changed the way that I could trim her nails.

Today, since it's been awhile. I think the last post I did on doing her nails, it was in this blog, was the last time I trimmed her nails. I even did my nails today and I am feeling great. Not only did I get to trim her nails but I also took the time to paint them too.

Anything is possible when it comes to children on the spectrum. You just have to keep at it. You guys have a great day!

The finished hand

One of the steps

The other finished hand

The start. Dirty filthy hands with long long nails

One of the steps

Here we go! The start, washed cleaned hands and trimmed

The color I needed on my nails

No comments:

Post a Comment