Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Better late than never Autism

Okay, it's bedtime for Doodle and I am just now posting the blog. It's been a really busy and long day. I always have things on my plate as I'm a parent. There is always things that need to be done and tended to. But I was not going to post anything else until I did the donut post.

So here it is. Donuts that Doodle and I did together as a way to bond. She likes all things sweet and I don't really care for sweets. The donut recipe comes from Gemma. So if you guys want to do the same this is the recipe that I used. My oven however at 375 meant my donuts were done in 10 minutes and not in 15 and I couldn't use my bottom rack as those donuts came out crunchy and were a bit harder to keep an eye on. 3 racks came out perfect one rack did not. Tomorrow morning we will be enjoying donuts, tonight it's bedtime. So I will see you guys later. Hope you had a great day.

Gemma's Bigger Bolder Baking - No knead Donuts


When the dough was ready to be rolled out I made sure I had plenty of flour.

The cookie cutters came from Michaels Craft Store. And trust me they worked great!

We were also cutting out small holes for donut holes as those are my favorites.

Here they are proofing, getting ready to go in the oven.

And here they are fresh out of the oven. This is the very first batch. You are suppose to put melted butter on top to give them a golden look but I skipped that.

This is what I used for the topping for our donuts as candy melts are fun to work with minus one.


When I bought the pumpkin pie flavored candy melts I thought it would be a great idea on the pumpkins. However they didn't melt in the microwave and I didn't feel like doing a double boiler to melt these bad boys. They just got chunked.



The 3 racks that we got decorated and waiting for the candy melts to harden a bit. 


Cute little boxes for the donuts to be in. And we are done! 


The cute little boxes I found at Party City along with the orange bucket. The green bucket is a trick or treat bucket I picked up at Michaels Craft Store.


No comments:

Post a Comment