Monday, December 7, 2015

Taking control of the iPad Autism

I bet you guys thought you wouldn't hear from me at all. I mean I have missed two Mondays prior so it's natural that would think that you wouldn't hear from me at all.

Over the weekend I had a little issue with Doodle and the iPad and what Youtube was suggesting for my kid to watch. Just because it's in a "cartoon" form doesn't mean that it's for kids. And it was driving me nuts. But what child on the spectrum doesn't basically live on an iPad? Mine this week. She gets to do Youtube video's but it is locked up tight now. And she's only allowed 10 minutes of video and that's it. The iPad locks up and she can't get out of it or change the video.

When that is done she can play for 30 minutes on a game and once that time is over with, she's done with the iPad for the rest of the night. Her game of choice is Minions.

So now I can work again and not have to worry about what she's watching. And by the way, I still don't like Youtube for some of it's suggestions for a child with a toddlers mind. But now I have more control over it.

If you want to know how to lock up your childs' iPad here are the guided instructions to help you out. This is how I control more of what she watches considering that the apps I downloaded to stop those videos aren't stopping them. http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Guided-Access-to-Disable-Parts-of-an-iPad-Screen

And well Doodle Got her progress report finally. All the other parents got theirs last month. I finally got hers last Friday. She made honor roll. A-B honor roll but she made honor roll. I'm not jumping up and down over this at all. And let me tell you why! Doodle has eaten more work in class then she has actually done work in class. The last iep meeting the complaint was they couldn't get her to do any work at all. And that the only work that she does is the homework. So how can a child who won't do work get A-B honor? I really hate being lied to. And quite frankly my feathers are ruffled again.

Well, I'm off here as I have lots to do this week. You guys have a great day.



No comments:

Post a Comment