Wednesday, December 23, 2015

DIY Christmas gift Autism

So today is Wednesday and I wrote this on Monday so that this could be posted on time. Yeah I know at this point Christmas is two sleeps away and I've got a last minute DIY. This project was done on December 21st on Monday before I wrote Monday's blog post. Monday was a huge day for me. It was the day I got the last of my Christmas shopping done. I knew not to take Doodle with me but at this point it couldn't be helped. I did it and I will do it again if I need too. But I am completely done with Christmas shopping.

So on with the DIY Christmas gift I know she will love. Last month I got Doodle and I some new boots for the cold days and got myself some riding boots. Best investment I have made in awhile! The box for those boots helped to make this DIY.

I got this idea from a youtube video. For this you can put your own spin on it.

All you need is a large shoe box. If a shoe box is the hardest thing to find, Michaels Craft store has you covered with plenty of different size boxes that you can fill to your hearts content! To decorate the box I got some chalk board stickers to place around the box to cover the fact it's a boot box. And on the chalk board labels I wrote in chalk (which was provided) Movie Night. In the shoe box I put in a pair of pajama's. This is why Doodle went shopping with me. She picked out the pj's she wanted. A shopkins shirt and I picked out her pink plaid bottom pants.

Then I filled the box up with plenty of snacks. I actually went to Michael's craft store and picked up clear bags to fill popcorn with. I didn't want her to have an entire bag of popcorn as it's not really a serving size. These bags are the perfect serving size. I also picked up some chocolate chip cookies and some hot cocoa mix to go in the mug that I made for Doodle for Christmas. Along with a bag of chips.

Also hidden in the box is the new Minions movie and a DVD of Alvin and the Chipmunks that plays on Nickelodeon everyday. But Doodle isn't the only one getting new pj's. Since Doodle is getting an 18 inch doll that she wanted last month (another Christmas present) the new doll is going to be getting pj's too!

So this is a creative way to fill a box with all things fun while your kid watches a movie. The Movie Night box as I like to call it. And on that note Christmas lands on the next day that the next blog post is suppose to go out. Since this is our family day together I doubt I will be posting. So you guys have a fabulous time with your family and please fill free to make your own version of the Movie Night box, if you are having a hard time getting a gift for that hard to buy for person in your life. And considering that it's last minute you can still get plenty of treats for your box along with pj's and movies.

I forgot to remove the doritos to show you guys the two DVD's that Doodle is getting for Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment