Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas from Autism

I wasn't sure if I was going to post today or not. But it never hurts to tell you all Merry Christmas from Doodle and myself. Doodle made off like a bandit with shopkins. Her movie night box from Wednesday's craft was a big hit, as Doodle loves to snack. When the Minions movie was playing on the tv she actually stopped to watch the movie, which made it a success.

I know some moms raising kids on the spectrum aren't having the best of days because their kiddo's don't get it. I have a friend that doesn't decorate and doesn't do the whole presents thing. It's her day off and she enjoys it with her kid who isn't on the spectrum. If next year you don't want to do the whole gift thing or decorating thing, don't worry about it. Christmas is about what you make it to be. Don't look for too many expectations. Don't worry about going above and beyond. Keep it simple. Don't stress yourself out, it's just not worth it. I think I ran myself more ragged when Doodle and I had an actual family unit. Trying to please others was just too exhausting. Christmas was just miserable to me. Not anymore. I just do the simple now and I'm much happier then I've been in a long time.

Doodle got some shopkins and all she cares about right now is coloring and watching Alvin and the Chipmunks chipwrecked. She got an art kit like she does every year and a chipmunk coloring book. This time around they had the road chip coloring book. Doodle has loved Alvin and the Chipmunks since she was three. And I can only get Alvin and the chipmunks coloring books at Michael's craft store for just a dollar! It's my go to coloring book where I know I'm not gonna fail at Christmas.

And the next big thing to celebrate for us is Doodle's birthday which is in January. So it's soon going to be time to figure out what to get Doodle for her birthday. I'm sure $50 in shopkins will do the trick. I will need to figure out if there is anything that Alvin and the Chipmunks has out and maybe also a large Care Bear. As Care Bears are something that she's getting into right now. Autism obsessions are grating my nerves! It's something I will need to seriously think on. You guys have a great day and enjoy some pictures of Doodle ripping into gifts from this morning.






 

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy that you guys had a great Christmas. Stressing is the worst and I'm glad you're without thst now. I hope her birthday will be just as fun. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete