Friday, December 4, 2015

It's light sensory Autism

Today's blog I'm going to tackle light sensory with Autism. Now Doodle is a huge fan of night lights with fish on them. Flash lights, candle lights, just about any type of small light she is all over! So in this blog I'm going to show you the easiest way to make your own light sensory that your ASD kids will fall in love with. And he's the shocker it's super cheap! I found a large portion of supplies at The Dollar Tree.

For the supplies you will need:

1 jar
1 pack of battery lights
acrylic paints
marker
E6000 glue
paint brushes
water


This are some impressive battery powered lights. Those the ones with colored bulbs aren't working.

Found these jars in the glass ware section

Some of the paints I use when I go into work to teach painting

Paint brushes

And a permanent marker to draw with. Pencil won't cut it on this project.

 Using the E6000 glue, glue your lights to the top of the lid on the inside.

While you wait on the glue to dry, now is the time to draw what you want on your light light.

Now is the time to paint. I added a little water to my acrylic paints just in case so the light would shine through better. Let it dry. It will take about 10 minutes.

Add your batteries to your pack and put the lid on top. It's that easy!



This entire project took me about 30 minutes. And Doodle will be happy she has a brighter light for her night light now. You guys have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment