Friday, May 29, 2015

Sensory Rooms and Autism

So yeah today's blog is about Sensory rooms. Have you ever had one of those projects that you want to do but not sure where to start. Things that are made up for sensory rooms are so costly and I'm sorry I really don't have the money for it. So why not just create it, myself?

If I will be able to mange this then I know you can too. I've already got a small start on converting my bedroom into a sensory room. She has the bunk bed which is her dark little corner to help with anxiety. I've got a window that I turned into a sensory window. I painted an image on it. The image is actually from the book she illustrated that I'm converting into an ebook now.

And of course she has a night light that has an image of the see on it. But I want to incorporate more things into this room so that she will be nice and calm and happy during the summer break. And if I can mange to do all of this during a cost effect time and manner then I will be able to duplicate for the school that Doodle currently goes too. That and it will be a big boost to get free publicity at her school for when her book hit's the website.

Some of the pillows that go along with the sensory room I did give away a couple of years ago. I'm not kicking myself in the butt over it. They were needed elsewhere and I was happy to give them up. It's not like I can't make them again. And let's face it, what get's donated to the school will have all the images that go along with her book. I might even have an opportunity to do a giveaway with JSN Creative Services if I can mange to do everything in a time and money effect way.

I would love to share the image of the sensory window that I've already done but the problem is that with the book still in the works I can not share any of the images until it's all final.

But I do plan on putting a sensory swing into the room and one for outside for Doodle. I can at least be able to give her comfort whether she's inside or outside. Most importantly she will be able to get a handle on herself inside the house. Where it will hand I'm not sure at this point. Getting the swings created are going to be the important thing for summer.

I will be posting videos' and step by step instructions once the projects start so stay tuned. I want to make sure that I can keep everything as cost effect as possible.

You guys have a great day!

Because of the bars that I have to start with, this is not what Doodle's sensory swing will look like. And can you believe this swing is over $200.00???

No comments:

Post a Comment