Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Effective parenting in Autism

Quick tip for today as I have tons of things on my list to be done and very little time. Thank you to pre-registration for the next school year and 102 video's that need to be edited.

Parents get the blame for everything when it comes to raising children. Hey, you have a kid on the spectrum. They respond better to a schedule. Picture schedules are the best. And when you can remove and replace the line up life is so much better.

Children on the spectrum hold accountability to the schedule thus taking off a lot stress from the parent. They don't blame the parent for what the schedule says to do. They blame the schedule.

Today I was at the school to get a few "social stories" to help with a few issues that Doodle has that really need to be addressed right before summer break and during the summer. She's picking at her knee and if she doesn't stop she can't go to the beach.

So if you don't have your picture schedule for home don't worry this is going to be something that I will be helping you to tackle this summer to help with your home life. Take the stress out of being a parent of a child on the spectrum and enjoy your child and your life.

As the weeks go one, I will be changing my website around so that you can find the things you need and be able to create your own schedule and helping you to create your own form of learning stories, to help your child. The school systems are suppose to be using board maker and well, I don't have access to it. You can get board maker, but the price is a bit hefty. In some forms of board maker you might be able to even get a free trail. Here is the link to get it for a free trail https://www.boardmakeronline.com/

So on my personal website I will be creating a way that parents can do their own form of creating learning stories and picture schedules. But for right now it's only a small idea and we are going to be delving into subject during the summer so I don't know how long it will take to create that section for the website. You will not find it on this blog only that it will be announced that it's ready and where to go to get access.

Guys have a great day! I've got tons of work that has to be finished.

Here is an example of a picture schedule. This is not mine. I have a long velcro strip on my wall that I post Doodle's schedule on that can be changed at a moments notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment