Thursday, February 12, 2015

It's a busy time Autism

Yeah I know the last time I came back to the the blog was to discuss an issue that Doodle and I are having while on our walk. Didn't for our walk yesterday as the day just slipped away from me. I'm trying to get back in the swing of things. I've got a friend who needs help with not only her child who was just diagnosed on the spectrum but also on herself.

Yeah, autism can be draining on the parent but it doesn't have to be. That's why I'm sharing all of my secrets to help you and everyone else that needs it. The best advice that you can get is from someone with autism. Well, that's not me. I don't have autism. I raise autism. But all of my advice that I share with you is from my own experiences with autism and advice from those who have it. Those who have a voice and live with it.

I mean seriously, how can I help Doodle navigate life if she thinks she's the only one in the world that has it. We meet with several people who are adults with autism. They are really cool! Awesome people to be around. You see the world in a different way because they think differently then we do.

And as I write this I'm reminded I have a homework project that I need to get cracking on. Doodle's school wants the parents to write an essay. It's a way to show the children how important writing is. Well, that's right up my ally. I'm a writer and a publisher. My only problem is that I'm also trying to learn how to code. And I also have two new product lines that I'm working on that are months away from rolling out.

They say that everything starts with 1 and that's your baby. Well, Doodle is my baby and she has a baby that I need to work on this month too. She has a book that she illustrated. It just doesn't have all the words to it. She has a little problem with getting out what she wants to say. I'm wondering how well it will work if I create little stuffed dolls that she can interact and play with that would help get that story out. She is so imaginative. And anyway that I can get the words out I'm all over. She can speak it's just sometimes she chooses to just observe. And there is nothing wrong with that because I do the same thing.

So with me being so busy this month I have decided that it's time I start learning how to video edit. Yeah, you read that right. If I can't keep busy 100% I'm not a happy camper. So I'm going to start vlogging. Some of the posts will be coming to you as a video blog. I have to learn it anyways for the radio show. We are making the move from radio to video.  And yes I'm the one who gets to do all the editing. It's best to learn it and know it. I've done a video using the program already. but that was two years ago and I really need to get back into creating video's. You never know what direction your company will take and it's best to try as many things as possible.

I've got a few ideas that only video will be able to portray well. Was to help. Though the pictures for some I know will end up on twitter.

So am I going a little off track by talking about all things autism and not much on business? No not really. This is an autism blog. Most parents who have children on the spectrum own their own businesses because it's hard to work for someone else and not be able to get away to help your child.

And as it's getting late and Doodle needs to get a bath, it's time for me to start the night time routine. That's the easiest time for me. That and doing Doodle's nails. Most parents trim their kids nails while their child is asleep. I don't have that trouble. I can trim her nails while she's awake. It does get easier with time. But my vlog will explain the easiest way to do it.

HAve a great day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment