Sunday, February 22, 2015

I'm back again, Autism

Now I've said this in previous posts that it's important for parents to take some time for themselves but little mini vacations are key to growing as a family. And yeah that's what Doodle and I did, we took a mini vacation. Went where it was a bit warmer and walked on the beach and played. Our vacation was hampered just a bit by Doodle getting sick and I want to blame that on going to the parades. Where I live Mardi Gras is a big thing. And the whole reason why I wanted to avoid it like the plague was the same reason why she got sick. Yes, I had the ear plugs in Doodles ears to soften the sound sensory which helped but I didn't have the rose colored glasses or the yellow tinted glasses. But that's not what made Doodle sick.

We were out with the crowds. You have your drunks and you have the ones that think I'm sick I need to get out there and have some fun. That could be the float riders or the ones around us. What will I do differently? Next year if we go again, I will boost her immune system a week prior to her first parade. You can buy little packets of greens from the health food store, that helped me get over the hump of the flu a couple of weeks ago. I will also be giving her immune building tea. It's such a pretty color of purple and it was another that helped me.

Doodle is still not up to full par but she's getting there. She just wants to lay in the bed and play on the ipad. But she is able to keep things down. And considering that she doesn't stop to really rest, her body has a hard time fighting infections. At least this way it lets her fight infections at her own pace. And of course I'm diffusing lots of essential oils. In the coming weeks I will be posting some video's of different ways to get your essential oils into the room without a diffuser. Cause you know as well as I do they are quite expensive. And no they do not call for baking soda. That one always drove me crazy. Use baking soda and essential oils as your air freshener. No it didn't work when you have sick kids in the house. Especially when you had a significant other and his children that could clear a room when they took their shoes off. I do not miss those days.

I do have a recipe for clearing the funk out of shoes but no one in the previous household wanted to try anything to do with essential oils. They were too good for that. Give them the most expensive chemical laden thing and they were just so ecstatic.  Because if you could buy it from the store and pay an arm and a leg it meant it worked. And surprise it never worked but they never gave up on it.

So on that note I'm hoping off here. Have a fantastic day.

No comments:

Post a Comment