Monday, November 16, 2015

Regression & stitches Autism

So last Wednesday was my last post. Couldn't write on Friday because we were in the emergency room. I had barely gotten into my work when the school called. But this is what has led up to the school call so bare with me and please excuse me for not posting on Friday. I will admit that I sat down and was getting ready to start the blog on Friday and let it just post as a late late blog but then the news of Paris being attacked there was just no point in me writing as I stayed close to the news. Friday was bad for me but it was nothing compared to what they were going through in France.

Wednesday was a doctors appointment all the way back to where Doodle and I used to live. I love this pediatrician and she knows Doodle since the day Doodle was born. She's seen Doodle through it all including her diagnoses of Autism.

When Doodle was first diagnosed I did not cry. It was a relief that now we knew how to get her the help that she needed. Our pediatrician told me the words I didn't want to hear because well Doodle had been progressing. But the words that brought tears to my eyes were she's acting like a child with autism and I think she has regressed. We do need to get her re-evaluated. That's one thing about Doodle, it used to be that no one would know she had autism unless I said something. Now it's just like a slap in the face. I don't need to say anything anymore. It's apparent, she has autism. All that work just flushed down the toilet! And by who? Well, it would be the people who have her for 8 hours in a day. The school system.

One thing that is burning my butt faster than you can blink is the fact that Doodle's teacher told me last week that she just didn't want to deal with all the meltdowns so she's been giving Doodle kindergarten work. Kindergarten work for a 4th grader who wants to be a doctor when she grows up. Doodle is just a drop in the bucket away from being as autistic as she was at the horrible school when she was in kindergarten. And as most of you know that school got wiped off the map.

So it's very much apparent that Doodle has regressed. So it's no shocker when the phone call from the school came on Friday mid-morning from the school nurse. "Hey, it's the school nurse again. I know you're tired of hearing from me." And the first response out of my mouth was. "I already know about the ear infection. She's already got ear drops and is on antibiotics."

"No that's not why I'm calling today. There's been an accident."

"Accident?"

"Doodle was spinning and wouldn't stop and she spun right into a pole. She's busted the skin above her eyebrow and looks like she's gonna need stitches."

"Please tell me your kidding."

"I'm afraid not. I need you to come up here and get her."

Now I can walk out of an iep meeting all day long like a boss. But this, this just makes me want to put a foot in someone's rump. When I got to the school I was told that Doodle was spinning and acting wild and refused to listen when they told her to stop and she smacked right into a pole. And well the accident report from the school states differently.

Doodle did need to get stitches. But because of her autism they decided that surgical glue would be better. And that was after I had taken her into Urgent care. They didn't want to deal with it so off to the emergency room we went. There were no observations to make sure that she wasn't going to pass out or check for a concussion. But the medical field down here isn't anything like where we come from. This is not our first rodeo with head trauma. As Doodle had busted her head open when she fell on concrete when she was 3.

But the good news is at this time my lawyers' interest is peaked. And that's always what you want. I still haven't gotten her everything from the iep meeting. And it looks like I have the school accident report to get in to her also. It really does help to have an advocate working on your side. And I'm thankful I contacted my advocates when it came to the school board not abiding by the iep. Of course there is a lot of words being thrown around, such as we never got that, it came in too late, and we will do it all now.

I'll admit it right now as an entrepreneur with a child on the spectrum I'm tired. Heck I can barely get any work done thanks in part to the school not doing their job with my child and either calling me in or sending her home. But I am great full because if I had a regular 9-5 job I would be out of work with no job to fall on. So my convenience is a blessing. But my business is suffering. And it's suffering hard!

So at this time there are a few things that will need to go on the back burner until I can get at a point where I can mange them all again. That would be Doodle's business and a few other things. Doodle does come first but her business will just have to wait. I might just sell off all the products for Christmas and be done with it and start over again from scratch after the new year. It's just something I will have to pray on. And with that it's almost time for me to go get Doodle from school. Since I was trying to work and every time the phone rang I could be heard saying, "Please don't be the school. Please don't be the school".

You guys have a great day.  

My poor little baby.

This image was shared from my favorite radio station Way-FM

No comments:

Post a Comment