Wednesday, November 18, 2015

IEP's Publishing and Autism

Yes I have yet another IEP tomorrow. I've already started taking my notes. Last year I was an iep pro to the point where I had over 20 ieps last year alone! This one is about the work that they are giving Doodle. It's not up to par in my personal opinion. How is it I can control my child and the school can't. I didn't have this problem last year and I certainly didn't have this problem the year before last. But here I am with my child back on what I call kindergarten math.

And according to the teacher she put Doodle on second grade math. That's not second grade math. 5+0 and 2+1. That's not going to cut it. My child wants to be a doctor. And darn it a doctor she will be and I will push anybody to make sure she gets to accomplish her dream.

One thing the teacher made mention to me while I was signing the iep meeting form was that Doodle has run out of books to read. Seriously? She's run out of books to read and didn't bring home a reading award? The little boy next door who has some trouble reading brought home a reading award. Where is Doodles? She got reading awards last year and the year before that.

So who is at fault? The school, the teacher or me as the parent? I can attest that I make Doodle do her school work that she didn't finish in school. And I will make her do her homework. And everything gets turned in the next day. Though I haven't seen spelling homework in a long long time. Since the first two weeks of school.

Now I have informed the principal when I brought up my concerns to her that I will be more then happy to provide the school with everything the publishing company comes out with. And that includes worksheets. I'm sending the publishing company in a new direction to help home school parents and teachers as well. But this phase won't be ready until after Thanksgiving holiday and that's if Doodle cooperates while she's on break.

I've got a huge push before Thanksgiving to get more books on the publishing company. So I might end up going quiet for a bit. I have the holidays to worry about and the timing of the books for when they come out. So you can image that it's going to be a bit stressful for me. Never fear I might just go off regular schedule and post when I can. Just to let you know.

You guys have a great day.




No comments:

Post a Comment