Monday, August 31, 2015

It's the dog's point of view Autism

Today is Saturday and I'm trying to just relax because I'm just worn out from the week. Everyone wants my attention and assistance from family to friends, teachers, my businesses and of course Doodle. Yesterday evening Doodle and I went for a ride around the neighborhood and she did pretty good going around the neighborhood twice, but the bell on her bike broke and I thought it might cause an issue. That top would have just have to be just glued on but there is another issue that rose from it. I told her there was no way to put the top back on and I was looking for a place to put the bell top. I had no pockets and Doodle doesn't wear pockets if she can help it. Stretchy pants are her favorite thing in the world. She looked at me and said, "Put it in the basket." Referring to the basket attached to her bike so her "friends" can ride. That's called progress. Normally she would just stim by humming. But she acknowledged the situation and came up with a conclusion herself.

But this blog is about a dog's point of view. My poor dog Yasas, Greek for hello, just loves Doodle some days. Today I don't think this is the day. She's old and she's like me by keeping to herself. She'll play when she wants to but other then that just likes to pretty much be left alone.

So here is what it's like to be a dog dealing with Autism.

Hey there. My name is Yasas and I live in a household with a child on the spectrum. I like living here. I'm loved and taken care of. Some days are better then others. Depending on how obsessed the smaller one is going to be with touching me that day. And today is one of those days.

Apparently, I'm better looking with flowers around my neck. I'm not a big fan of them but I won't complain. At least the smallest one isn't dragging me outside to jump on the trampoline. I really don't like that thing. But I know that after pictures are snapped cause I'm awe so cute they will be removed and I can go outside and take a nap.

Just like the time a bowl was placed on my head for a hat. After a quick photo session I was put outside for a potty break and a nap. I really don't mind the photo sessions as I know I'm going outside to enjoy this wonder fall weather. The feel of the breeze through my fur. Ah, it's a wonderful feeling.

I'm normally an inside dog, but when the weather is as great as this I prefer to be outside. My human lets me sit at her feet when I'm inside or outside, she just loves me that way. The other one, likes to look at me and carry me around. Sometimes she dresses me up like she does those things I've never been allowed to chew on, that the smallest likes to sleep with and carry everywhere.

The smallest is nothing like me but hey I like her. I won't bite her or anything cause when she doesn't want to eat, it's up to me to clean her plate. It's a cushy life even though sometimes I have to play with the smallest but hey, it's worth it.

Now if you will excuse me, it's time for my brushing and a biscuit.



No comments:

Post a Comment