Monday, September 7, 2015

If dog's could speak Autism

You most of you guys have noticed that I have been really quiet except for Monday, when you got to see life from the eyes of our dog, Yasas. She's no puppy but she loves unconditionally. And that's all that matter in a fur family member when it comes to having a child on the spectrum. A dog that will allow the kids to dress them in clothing. Pet them over and over and over again. Sit down with the kids and have their eyes looked into for hours.

Doodle can't look me in the eyes but she will look Yasas in the eyes. Dogs have different facial features then the human facial structure. Occasionally, a dog will bark but they really aren't looking for much but food, water shelter and love. They don't demand the kids to do therapy or to speak. It's the love of an animal that keeps a child on the spectrum's trust.

And on that note here is the Monday message from Yasas.

Hey there, it's Yasas. I'm a Sheltie in a household with a child on the spectrum. I would like to say that last wek I wasn't dressed in my human's clothing but that would be a lie. The littlest one dressed me to look identical to her. Luckily for me there are no pictures. My foot was caught up in the shirt and all I could do was hobble around the room. Which triggered my loving master to remove my outfit and the littlest one to throw a fit. I don't know why she wanted me to look like her. I don't look good in exercise shorts. And a red shirt is not my color.

It's been really busy in our household. The littlest one has been at school and my owner has been studying for something called an art certification. I don't know why she likes painting so much. It gets in my fur when my owner hollers out to no no no, leave Yasas alone. I'm not sure if that's the littlest name, but it almost sounds like mine. I think my full name is Yasas Come, so you can see why it's a bit confusing.

My owner studied day and night for an entire week and it took her all day to take the certification test. But it was well worth it, as she passed the test with a 92.6%. My human did more jumping around then the littlest one normally does. So as you can imagine, life in the household has been very busy and a bit chaotic.  But I don't mind. I still get all the scratches on my fanny and under my chin that I normally get and still got to wake my human up at weird hours during the week because I wanted to go outside and yak.

And as most of you guys have noticed that it's Labor Day here in our neck of the woods. I plan on spending a lot of time with the family during this holiday, looking forward to Tuesday when the littlest one goes back to school and I can get all the naps in, in a day that I can again. Life will be grand when school goes back into session.

Love a child with autism and enjoy your weekend.

Barking out, Yasas.


No comments:

Post a Comment