Friday, August 14, 2015

Autism, school is in session!

As you guys know it's been awhile for me as the summer is the hardest time for me to keep up with business and autism. Doodle's line is coming along very well and I am very much pleased! I started a new business with a friend of mine and it's hopping along.

This Monday was the first day back at school and I've been trying to find the time to write. But this is how it goes for me. Full speed ahead! I have a small window in which to get work done and currently I need to make sure that the packaging for Doodle's line is on point. So I'm trying to get as much done in a day and as quickly as I possibly can. And no my life in not exhausting. The only thing that keeps me working is that small window. It's my adrenaline rush every single school day. This has got to get done before Doodle gets out of school. I have to redo my to do list because at the current moment I have two maybe a third floating around here somewhere. Which seems a bit weird considering I just wrote an article for Something Building about the dreaded to do list. Breaking it down to more manageable sections and time constraints.

Well, Doodle has a new teacher. If you read through the blog you will see how I handled a lot of issues with the school. This year they brought in a teacher who specializes in autism and Doodle is back to being taught with sign language. I'm pretty happy with that. Picture schedules go up next week. One new Para educator and one of the same Para educators from last year (not the one I got fired).

However, I did see the Speech therapist yesterday afternoon and found out that due to schedule conflicts of Physical Education and Lunch, speech and OT services are being cut. Haha! That's a laugh. I don't know what the Principal is thinking but effective in two weeks will begin my check list for progression/regression. And guess what, I'm taking inventory too. This is where if I feel that Doodle is going to suffer and just be at a stand still in her education then the lawyers get called in. A.k.a. my advocates. The school knows I'm not afraid to use my lawyers.

This is why I'm so friendly with the school stuff until they urk me. The friendlier I am with them the easier it is for me to get information that I might need to use at a later time. Such as the case right now. It will take a few weeks but I will be making sure that Doodle gets speech and OT. It is required by the state and covered in her iep.

And then there was the conversation I had this morning with someone that works with the school. She doesn't work for them just works with them to where she is there all the time. Rumor around the school is that Doodle's new teacher is lazy. Well, I informed the woman I spoke with that this teacher won't be lazy as I will be keeping her on her toes. I thought it sounded kind of weird that the teacher at worked at an autism school I'm very much familiar with for only 4 years. And yeah I will admit I was furious when I found out that the teacher had been replaced. But Doodle is being taught with sign language which is what I wanted.

The way the conversation went down yesterday afternoon is that Doodle's teacher stepped down. Wanted a new position at the school. I'm pretty sure it was all the iep's that I had going on but I was in battle mode. Doodle was regression and I was fighting to stop it. Doodle is in love with school this year so I'm pretty happy. No more of the battles that I had last year. Fighting to get her dressed in the mornings.

So it's another day for me and I'm back in full swing mode. It's another busy busy day for me and I'm pretty stocked about it. Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment