Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Ear Infections and today's Autism

Well, this morning was one of those mornings. I'm not really having any trouble with Doodle getting ready for school in the mornings but this was one weird morning. I got up when my alarm went off and Doodle was still asleep. Normally, she's laying on my legs in the morning trying to pet my dog and that's how I normally wake up. This morning I walked to the kitchen to start my coffee and let the dog's out to go potty. I made myself a cup of coffee and went to wake Doodle to get ready for school.

As I walked to the room I noticed that the bathroom light was one, so I knew that she was already up. I went in to let her know that we needed to get dressed for school. In her hands was toilet paper with blood on it. Now you have to remember no matter how much blood is on a paper towel or on toilet paper it's not a lot of blood, it just looks like it's a lot so there is never any reason to panic. She was sticking her finger in her ears, which alerted me that she had something going on with her ears.

So this morning was a day for the doctor. One of the tubes in her ear had finally fallen out on the other one is starting to come out, and the inside of her ear was turning red. So she was beginning to get an ear infection. Caught it early! Luckily, there was no issue with bleeding ears other then right on the inside of the ear she had scratched the skin which caused the bleeding. Time to trim her nails again. And off we were back to school.

About 30 minutes later came the call from the school nurse. Dana wasn't feeling better and now her sinuses were bothering her. Since she couldn't settle down to do school work, they decided that she needed to be resting at home. I kind of figured that would be what would happen today. So at home is where she is. Laying on the bed in the dark, watching television. She has her medication and a headache, due in part to the weather change that is taking place. I love the fall weather but it wreaks havoc on her asthma and sinuses.

And in all honesty I knew the sick day was coming. I've had a summer cold for a few days now. In the mornings I sound like a man, so you know the cold is pretty bad when it changes your voice patterns. Could be a perfect time for prank calls, unfortunately there is this thing called caller i.d. and I would never get away with it. Darn you logical thinking and modern day and age!

So other then a sick Doodle my day hasn't been that bad. Bringing my sick child home to lay in bed with her jammies on. Yeah, I know I spoil her but she's my only child and hey I'm still getting speech so a little spoiling is in order.

It has literally taken me all day to write this post. Between the stopping to go to the store for this or that and coming home to take care of Doodle and back out to the store for something else. It's really been a long day! I hope you guys have had a great day and it's winding down for you.

If you are interested in creating your own business and need some help or advice comment down below and I will be more then happy to help you.

chocolate makes everything better

No comments:

Post a Comment