Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Your talent Autism

Oh no! Not one of those posts. Some parents get really mad when it comes to the talents of autism. Mainly because a lot of parents say their child doesn't have a talent. So it's a bit of a tricky subject to be entertaining today.

Ever since Doodle was little I always made sure she had a pen, pencil, crayon or marker in her hands and paper at her disposal. Kids are suppose to be able to draw and color. Its like a right of passage. If a child isn't doodling or coloring a child isn't learning.

Doodle has always shown a talent for drawing since she was itty bitty. I wasn't one of those parents that put feet prints on tile or ceramic and hung them to the wall. I gave her art pads and canvases. I'm big into art. It's what I've always loved. She was either going to get art from me or music from her father. 

Typically, children on the spectrum have talents. Some not all. The talents range from music, to art to math. Some children on the spectrum get the talent of sports and even running. Nothing should hold your child back. 

Now we all know that Doodle suffered a regression at the start of the school year and she's only now starting to recover so it's no surprise that her art suffered as well. And though I'm not a happy camper with it her teacher is still considered a part of my support system. And I will continue to stand by her. I can be peeved off and angry but that won't help Doodle. What will help Doodle is getting everyone on the same page. If we are working together then we are working to get her and keep her on track. Always remember that.

But back on task. Doodle's art work. She goes through paper faster then I've ever known anyone to go through. It's seriously mind boggling. I noticed last night at work that we had a huge discount section again. And since it was so late I just grabbed some wool that I needed because my next project is to make a wool hat. I can't stop myself from just about anything DIY. And basically staying busy with crafts will keep me out of trouble. So I headed to work today after Doodle's honors ceremony to get Linseed oil which was in the discount section for $5.99. Which is a far better price then what it normally sells for in the fine arts section.

And since I wasn't working but being a regular customer I had plenty of time to actually shop. I got my Linseed oil and a few other items that I wanted to get and the one thing that kept Doodle busy for a good 20 minutes after she finished her homework. I found cra-z-art modeling clay. A 24 pack of the modeling clay. So now she has a new outlet with her art. 

She had a blast. And with Doodle's obsession with Care Bears the clay came in handy. She wants the entire collection of Care Bears. That's really not going to happen. I can't stay broke. She for the past several months she's been drawing them on everything she can possibly draw them on. But tonight, she crafted her own Care Bears. Almost all the ones that I printed out for her last month in December. She wanted to know the names of the bears so I went online and found a list of all the bears with their names. She threw away her paper but she's still drawing them all from memory.

And what did she do tonight? She created almost all of the bears in clay. This was the best $1.49 I spent on clay.

You guys have a great day!

I love that she put details on them. The detail of the heart on their bottoms.



Here you can see how small they are. 


No comments:

Post a Comment