Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Happy Birthday Autism

Yes, this post is late because today is Doodle's birthday. Currently she's suppose to be asleep but as it would happen to be a first for her for having an actual party with other kids and not just family she's still wide eyed and bushy tailed.

We started this day with one donut from Krispy Kreme. Doodle loves sweets and today is a good day to skip healthy and allow the treat of "junk food". This was the start of her fun day. I had a communication book that I needed to put together so I spent a good portion of time today scanning and printing the pages. A trip to Walmart to get the binder and some packing tap, she also got to pick out a present. She wanted a carebear so I allowed it.

After that we hit McDonalds to get a happy meal with shopkins in it but they were out. It's okay she was still grateful for a meal with a toy. We don't eat at McDonalds and she wanted some shopkins.

After I finished the communication book we were off to dinner at Dairy Queen before her party and me not wanting to be hungry while teaching a class at work tonight. We didn't eat much tonight because we were still kind of full from lunch. But she had fun and we picked out an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen and they wrote on her cake. I got the cake with a $3.00 off coupon and another $3.00 because it was her birthday. Doodle had a great night tonight.

Most of the kids cancelled from sickness but thankfully my friend and her daughters were able to attend. Yes, Michaels Craft Store does birthday parties! There were tons of crafts. Because they were going through so many crafts I had to go out on the floor and get more! The girls made a turtle, an owl, a lady bug, crowns and they painted picture frames.

Doodle got to open presents and everyone got ice cream cake. And luckily I didn't have to bring any of it home. One of the girls at my work claimed dibs on the rest of what was left.

This was a first for Doodle. An actual party with kids. And she had a blast!

So guys enjoy your day!












No comments:

Post a Comment