Wednesday, December 13, 2017

School obligations Autism

It's the holiday season here and this week is the last week of school before Winter Break. I've got to get everything ready for when Doodle is home and not doing much during the season. I have been following theautismhelper on instagram and there are tons of work sheets that I plan on downloading so Doodle can continue keeping her brain sharp during the break. I don't want her to just watch the ipad all day. I do want her to work on thinking skills while she is home. This weekend is the last weekend that I will be working before the classroom closes for the Holiday season. I will be returning after the new year. Which it will be nice to have a two week break. They won't see me much at work during that time. Which I'm sure everyone will be thankful for.

The last week of school is the Holiday parties and Holiday school programs. About 2 years ago I was a classroom mom and it was my job to get everything for the kids party. Let me make this as clear as I possibly can. Do not forget to pay when they ask you for money for the party. All the money comes out of someones pocket and it needs to be recouped. If that makes sense. I spent over $150.00 on my childs party and only 2 parents paid the $5.00 for the party. There were about 12 kids in the class and I knew everything I was getting I would not get the full amount back. But that's okay. It didn't bother me, but what did bother me is the fact that parents didn't want to pay. Heck parents came to the party and gripped because I didn't have a rotisserie chicken spread.

Yeah I'm going to buy that for a kids party where everyone is a picky eater and no one brings anything else. Just the kids and their parents and people wanting to stuff their faces. At a school party it's not about the parents it's about the kids.

Also if you can make sure that you can get the kids little gifts before they leave for the holidays. Some kids won't get presents during the holiday break. And you don't have to spend an arm and a leg on gifts. This year I hit up dirt cheap and found some bling bags that were of doggies and kitties. I went to Dollar General and found a large package of cars, where the kids got 3 vehicles each in their bags, some Shopkins activity bags and of course you can't forget the candy canes. I got holiday bags 6 to a pack for $1.00. And that's all it takes. Doodle really likes cars still and blind bags are her favorite thing to open. I don't think it really matters what the blind bags are just a surprise to open.

And of course the teacher and some of staff will be receiving presents as well. The teachers work really hard ever year with our kids. For the past two weeks I've been working on DIY holiday gifts. When the magazine is finally uploaded you will see all those gifts. I had a lot of fun making them and they were very easy and simple to make. A lot of what I made I already had in the house and some of the left overs went to other projects. So it made it very affordable to make gifts that are from the heart and able to be used.

See you guys on the flip side.


No comments:

Post a Comment