Monday, December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday's Autism

As many of you know sometimes it's so very hard to buy for a child on the spectrum. There have been several years now where I thought I got the perfect gift for Doodle only to find out that was a big fat nope.

This year it's a bit small for her for Christmas. I didn't buy any art supplies which is new for me. Normally, I get her tons of art supplies and they normally last for the entire year until next Christmas. But the problem I've been having for the past couple of months is she using drawing and painting as a way to fight sleep. And what would normally take about 10 - 20 minutes for her to fall asleep takes about 2-3 hours. Well, I'm not into that.

Doodle loves animals so this year I got what I know she loves and that would be toy animals. No cages for them though, cause of the snake incident. And if she has any art supplies they would have come from the school. I requested no paints because I'm tired of multicolored bedding. I bought her a new bedding set cause she ripped up her other one in a meltdown. I also got her a few sensory toys. I got her a sound machine and I'm hoping she might enjoy that. If not that's okay, it can be used at a later time, I guess.

Most of what Doodle is getting for Christmas has all been purchased throughout the year. Little by little. And yes, I cheated at it. If it went on sale at 60-70% off at work that's when I bought it. Mainly the high dollar items we had last year for the Christmas season. Toys and clays, things I know she loves playing with. At Toy's R Us I went and got the Chipmunk plastic toys. I used to get Doodle the plushes but she just started cutting them open. So, no not gonna waste money on things that will end up in my bed. Those pellets for their butts hurt! Did you know that if you find the toys you are trying to purchase cheaper on Amazon, you pay the Amazon price at Toys R US? You can and I have been making out like a bandit! For the whole collection of the Chipmunks and the Chipette's I paid $10.00 instead of $20.00

For her Christmas stocking Santa is bringing Care Bears and cousins blind bags. Doodle absolutely loves opening those so she's getting that too. And she's getting a lot of movies that were released throughout the year. Boss Baby, Cars 3 and Despicable Me 3. I would have gotten Dory but she just wasn't interested in this movie like she was with Finding Nemo. I was hoping she would want that one but she wasn't. During the summer at Michaels we did a lot of crafts for Dory. I liked Hank the octopus. I was looking forward to seeing the adventure with him.

From her God father Doodle is getting a STEM activity where she makes a video game. She loves art and might just be interested in programming so this is something that she and I will do together. There is a Mc2 bag that's programmable she was playing with in Walmart so if she is interested in that she should be interested in this. She's smart enough for it. I will keep her thinking during winter break.

And Doodle really enjoys the 24th tradition. Opening a gift before Christmas day. She's got a new set of jammies, The Labyrinth the movie, cause Doodle loves anything Jim Henson. She's got an eight pack of gourmet cocoa's that I picked up at work for $5.99. I'm making a sleep mask for her and slippers to go with it and she's got a bag of popcorn to pop for the night of Christmas Eve to go with the movie.

I'm actually writing this blog the day the last blog went up because Christmas Day for us is spending it together as a family. And if you guys happen to read this, cool. If you spend the day with your family and miss it but catch it Tuesday that's fine too.

As for the Christmas shopping. Doodle didn't do any. She just didn't want to shop. But I did manage to get everything that I needed we had run out of. Instead of shopping at the health food store I decided that I needed to trying something different. I didn't want to spend $80.00 this time around. I found way better deals at Big Lots. The soap we use that has no sls in it they have it as a 4 pack for $3.50. I found sls free shampoo for $2.00. At Publix I found that the Jason company makes tooth paste now and they have a berry mint flavor. Doodle hasn't had a berry flavored tooth paste in a long time.

I got the last of the Christmas shopping done. Purchased Ice wine for my best friend. Found a few odds and ends that I needed. So my Monday has been pretty good so far. And I did get a new battery for my vehicle. That was almost a fight. My current battery which is still basically brand new has gone bad. Walmart wouldn't take responsibility for it. They held on to the belief that it was still good because it was brand new. I had it tested by Walmart and they said it was good, went to Pep Boys and they said they couldn't figure out what it was but to come back if I had anymore issues. This was last week this happened because it refused to crank and I had to get it jump started. Today I went to auto zone and had them run a diagnostic on it. Guess what, it came back as a bad battery. Went back to Walmart and told them the battery was bad. Dude said nope it's new. But they put it on the big machine to prove to me it was a good battery. After being there for over an hour waiting, it came back the battery was bad. If only the guy has listened to me to begin with. I was not a happy camper. Doodle kept saying she wanted the minivan. Which meant she was tired of being in Walmart. And I don't blame her. I really don't care to shop there.

I still have to go back to Auto Zone tomorrow and make sure that this new battery is good cause Walmart has made me very paranoid about my car. It's the only vehicle I have. I want it to work. Heck I need it to work so that I can work and be able to get to Doodle's school. Before winter break I was at the school every single day the last week. Well, everyday but Friday.

And on that note it's time for me to get other things done. Doodle and I hope that you and your family are having a stress free Holiday and a very Merry Christmas.

See you guys on the flip side.


No comments:

Post a Comment