Friday, October 13, 2017

It's coming along Autism

Well, it's Friday night where I live and nope, I haven't worked on the blog at all this week. It's been one of those busy busy weeks for me. Being an instructor for a major craft store means that yeah there is a lot of work to do and a lot to prepare for.

I got a few things for Doodle's Halloween costume. I'm on the hunt for a pea coat. I will so rock that thing. I have a few items left to get for Doodle's Christmas and then I will be done with Christmas shopping.

We had speech homework that came home last week and I needed to buy the books this week. She's to read. That's her homework for this month. Read about 5 books. One thing I have noticed is that her reading is very slow now. Which is good because she's not over looking the words. So we have progress in reading. She not skipping words and she's actually taking the words on the page in. That I am very proud of.

This morning as Doodle and I were brushing our teeth I thought I heard what sounded like the bus. Once we were done we were running out the door. That's when the phone started ringing. It was the bus driver wondering where we were. Um trying to get out the front door, that's where we were.

It was a new bus driver and I wasn't expecting anyone that early this morning. Not for a Friday the 13th. And no I didn't have a chance to do laundry this week being so busy, so Doodle wore her Friday shirt from last year. But that's okay. I try to be the best parent that I can possibly be and sometimes that means I won't be able to get it all done. Side note, new bus driver today.

Don't ever beat yourself up as an Autism parent. If you are doing everything for your child and stretching yourself 3 ways to Sunday. It's okay. The world will continue revolving and life will keep going. Just set aside some money for take out or fast food during the week. Cause it's all gonna be fine. You are only human and not super human. Learn to tell people no. That's what I'm learning this week. Also take time to nap. It's worth it!!!

See you guys on the flip side.


No comments:

Post a Comment