Monday, March 7, 2016

When you're sick Autism

So apparently being sick right now is not just localized in the south. Right now we are in early spring and the pollen is flying! So of course we are sick with allergies. I was down for about a day and a half. And as you might imagine I can't stay sick for long.

Because my nasal passages were swollen I needed relief to breathe. My biggest problem was I was called into work because they had set up a quick calligraphy class for me to teach. Not a problem except I couldn't breathe. Here's a quick tip to bring the swelling down so you can breathe like a normal human being. Put coconut oil on the bridge of your nose and if you need even faster relief put it under your nose too. Next with just a drop of peppermint oil run that over the coconut oil you placed on your nose and under your nose. This is a quick way to dilute the essential oil. Remember you need to use essential oil not peppermint extract as that is used for cooking not for the promotion of healing. Under your nose will begin to sting but you can wipe it off with a tissue if it gets to be too strong to handle.

In less then 5 minutes I was able to breathe again and no one knew I was starting to get sick. At this point I was able to put my make up on with not a problem.

When allergy season hits your go to oils are peppermint oil and lavender oil. In the above solution to breathing it's not suggested to use lavender oil. Peppermint oil is a lot like icy hot. It works fast and has the sting of icy hot. For when you have aching muscles, mint or peppermint oil should be your go to oils for relieving muscle aches and swollen nasal passages.

I have also been diffusing in my diffuser oregano oil, frankincense oil, lavender, eucalyptus oil, rosemary oil and tea tree oil. They all work great together for promotion of healing. If you are very congested I suggest that you add some peppermint oil to your diffuser as well.

If you are trying to sleep and you are coughing I highly suggest that you place on a cotton ball tea tree oil, rosemary oil and eucalyptus oil. Mixing these three oils yes I know, smells like vick vapor rub. Rub the cotton ball on the bottom of your feet. This will help keep you from coughing in the night and you get a restful sleep.

Along with my elderberry tea, your body can't help but to heal faster. I'm not a big fan of the whole greens thing. I think green drinks from the health food store are great for flu season, but this isn't the flu it's allergies. Elderberry tea or elderberry wine (if your over 21) do just great with getting you well again. I haven't seen elderberry wine but my mother says they used to make it in our family a long, long time ago.

Those are my tips and tricks for getting well as quickly as you possibly can.

Fireberry tea is my all time favorite. Elderberry if one of the main ingredients in this tea.

The greens that help you get well but taste oh so horrible in my opinion.

One of the many oils I use. The Now company is great on the wallet and as well as they work, yes they are pure. Don't let some "essential oil saleswoman" tell you any different. And yes I've wanted to throat punch a woman for telling me that young living was the only certified pure oil out there. No, it's not. Just because their oils are a higher price then the Now brand is because how else is she going to be able to make commission. All that is tacked in there. For the price of one bottle of their oils you are actually paying for it 3 times over. Trust me I know as I am pricing oils from the Spice district in India. So I know the price of the oils and how much they actually retail for.


No comments:

Post a Comment