Thursday, May 28, 2020

What is the worth of Autism?

I got a late start today. Forgot to turn on my alarm last night. So my morning began the same as it always does only a few hours behind. Checking messages on JSNCreative. Scrolling through Facebook to see if there was anything to share to my page so I help give others ideas for what to do. See if there was anything that Doodle might want to try today. Last night was the night I had to finish all of Doodles camisoles. She loves wearing camisoles and she picked out lots of cute fabrics. I've been trying to finish up this project for months.

While scrolling through Facebook I noticed in the autism group that I'm in, someone shared that a YouTuber had "re-homed" their child on the spectrum. Hold up! How on earth do you re-home a child especially one with autism. I didn't know that was a thing. Did someone pay her so that she could guarantee they would go to a good home? Did she send the child off with his favorite blanket and food bowl. I can't understand how you can feel that a child is like a pet. How can you dehumanize a person?

In my personal opinion Myka Stauffer is the head entitled Karen on the face of the earth. I can see why she would do it. I've seen a few of her video's in the past. Her house is just too clean for a mom with 5 kids. He didn't fit the vibe of her perfect world. It's not an excuse to give away your child like a bag of outdated clothing.

There are days that Doodle can be an absolute butt hole but I'm not about to re-home my kid. Yeah, I've replace a few iPads in our lifetime. It's part of life. Doodle is messy and I laugh when she looks like Pig Pen from Snoopy's Peanuts. I've learned to love the Chipmunks and their music again. I'm still not cool with Sponge Bob. And I love when she watches the Muppets. I love when I get to share what I love with her and when she shares with me what she loves. That's called being a family. Some things she does and loves I don't care for, but that's okay because she has her own interest. That's part of loving the person you are with. You share your life, love and interest with them.

Doodle is fantastic at gardening. She didn't show that side of her until about a year ago. Am I willing to miss out on parts of Doodle's life? Watching her grow up? Nope. Every day is a new day and as she grows I learn more and more about her. Yes, the house is a bit of a mess. My walls aren't pure white or off white. Her bedroom has purple walls and the ceiling is lavender. I've had clouds on the ceiling that were lights. I've made sensory swings and regular swings. I've adopted a dog for her from the pound. I've shared my food with her and my sweet tea or plexus. We go to the beach together. She's almost like a little best friend and she takes a lot from her father. She will do things to grate my nerves but again, not a reason to re-home my kid like a dog.

I've battled with the school board for my child's rights. Heck I've battled an Army Hospital for her fathers right to life. I fight for what I love. 

Myka's problem is that she's letting money control her life. All of her Instagram pictures are filled with ads. Each picture is "picture perfect". I'm my life I connect with people who aren't picture perfect. I want to see real life. Picture perfect makes me feel uncomfortable. I mean seriously, how many kids under the age of 6 can keep their clothes perfectly cleaned? And their hair perfectly straight. It's all just fake in my book. Messes are part of life. It's who we are as human beings.

That's about as much attention that I can give this trash person. Make people feel important and loved. Don't make them feel like trash cause that just makes you trash. Every life is valuable. People with compassion. Treat them the way that you want to be treated. Autism has blinders on. They don't understand a whole lot and most of the time depending on what type of the spectrum they fall under  they don't understand what's going on and how to articulate their feelings. It's something that has to be taught to them.

You guys have a good day. Don't let hate consume you. Use your energy for more important things. 


No comments:

Post a Comment