Monday, January 14, 2019

Why I won't battle in the vaccine debate, Autism

There are many people out there that love to do the vaccine debate. Many refuse to vaccinate their children from diseases that have pretty much been eradicated because of vaccines. For me getting into a fight over something like that isn't worth my time as there still is not enough research to prove if it is the cause of autism or not. And here's the reason why I won't debate it.

Autism has been around longer then vaccines. If you read up on fairies you will read stories of changelings. These are stories that were passed down from generation to generation, as that's how stories tend to work back in the day. Parents would put their babies and children to bed at night. Normal, healthy littles with no issues. When the parents woke up in the morning their child was different. The same that some of our children are before they are diagnosed. This is how the phrase changeling came about. People used to think fairies would come into their homes and change out their child for a human baby. When Doodle was a baby she was on track with her milestones. At 5 months old she was able to say momma and dada. I got two good days of her babbling those words and yes I know that's a little early for a baby to speak.

When Doodle was brought home from ICU at about 2 weeks of age my husband was bringing her into his mothers house with Doodle in her car seat. My mother in law looked at Doodle and said, "Hi, Precious!" And I kid you not, I heard it, my husband heard it and my mother in law heard Doodle sigh out Hi. It could just be a fluke with the way she sighed at that moment. Don't know. But I will always say to this day my child is special.

Back to the point at hand. Two good days of Doodle saying momma and dada. And yes, she said momma first! Doodle was trying to stand up as much as she could. She wanted her little legs to work and do things quickly. Well, after the second day she stopped and went back to cooing like a NT baby. She didn't crawl until she was a year old and didn't walk until she was two, believe me I tried everything to get her to crawl and walk. And still we had no speech. She never even got her baby teeth until almost a year old. And she rubbed her hair off the back of her head. For a little girl she matched my Uncle Larry in the bald head department. Looked like a little old man!

So do I believe in changelings? Pretty much as that's the way I experienced life with Doodle. It was an overnight change and she did bizarre things. Crossed her legs, tucked her chin in her chest, pulled on her diaper and went ridged. Happened so many times and no one could figure out why she was doing that. At least 30 times or more a day. Nothing I could do to snap her out of it.

It was later determined that it was possibly seizures. She doesn't do that anymore since the age of 6. And I have no answers to this day as to why or what was the cause.

I'm a researcher. It's not actually what I went to college for. But I need research. I don't do hearsay. I need cold hard facts. Doodle was given a vaccine but it was after she lost her momma and dada speech. So I can't connect those dots. But I have researched fairy stories for years as I am just fascinated by them. Would love to write a fantasy fairy story one day.

Back to task at hand. My husband was cleaning out one of the rooms in his grandmothers house when he read a letter from the water board. They were informing everyone in the area that they were going to be putting fluoride in the water. And they did have a list of possible issues with fluoride being added to the water. One of the possible concerns was that fluoride could cause autism in children. This was found after Doodle was diagnosed at the age of 3.

So could this be a possibility? Possibly. Depends on the environment in which you live in. I don't know the conditions of the water systems or some of the vegetation surrounding where the people who have little children who became as they called changelings. As that would be a possible clue.

Now if you look at cancer it's more common today then it used to be. So why the rise in cancer? If you learn the back story of Peter Pan you will learn about the Davies children, well their mother died of cancer. That was in the 1900's. So why was cancer a thing back then? Did you know that women during this time used powder on their faces and bodies. This goes back many many decades of woman doing this habit. I remember my great grandmother and grandmother using giant powder puffs to put powder on their faces and necks. It's talcum powder they used and it was scented. The same talcum powder we use on babies and the same talcum powder that's used in our makeup.

Now those in the makeup world are familiar with Sister Charles and his recent scandal. If you haven't here's the run down. Customer used his newly released makeup pallet. One of the colors I think it was pink would not come off her eyes, she broke out in hives and her eyes began to swell. She tweeted him over and over and even made YouTube video's complaining about it. During this time Sister Charles tweeted her back and told her she needed to see a dermatologist. Another person in the makeup world broke down the science of talcum powder in makeup and said there was a chance that some makeups have asbestos in them and can cause a reaction. That talcum powder is mined in the same place as asbestos and they look pretty much identical. I'm not saying that Sister Charles has asbestos in his makeup. I don't even have any of his makeup. But during the manufacturing stage there is a possibility that talcum powder can be contaminated with asbestos if just one person in the beginning of mining the powder doesn't know what they are doing.

As you know asbestos causes cancer. When Mrs. Davis became sick with cancer there is a possibility that someone messed up along the line and sold her talcum powder with asbestos in it. Either intentionally or not. So before you start screaming you might want to check some of the products in your home that have talcum in it. Especially, if you use talcum powder on a baby, you know the baby powder you put on your child after they get out of the bath and are dried off.

So there is that run down. But back to Autism and vaccines. I believe it's more environmental. Something has changed because autism diagnoses are exploding now more then they ever have before. So what would be the change? It could be the fluoride that they are putting in the water. It can also be the chlorine the water systems are using in our water now. Here, where we live you can smell it! And if you wash your car off in the mornings it eventually eats the paint off the car! No joke!

Back when Doodle was a bitty I bathed her with Johnson's and Johnson's baby shampoo. They were a company I thought I could trust. They even say it in the commercials. I bathed Doodle with the baby shampoo until she was 6 or 7 years old. Because I wanted the absolute best for her at all times. I stopped when the news broke that the formula for the baby shampoo was the same formula as formaldehyde. If you are unfamiliar with that it's embalming fluid. When you die your blood is removed from your body and replaced with embalming fluid so that the decomposition process slows down. I can tell you for a fact if that gets in our waters and streams and even our grounds that's not good on our environment. And we as parents of itty bitty's are washing that stuff down the drain after a bath. Which either goes to a plant our straight out to our oceans or streams. This is why I make my own soap now. I know what goes into it. I can trust what I put back into the environment. In the back of my mind this is a possibility of why Doodle has autism. But until that research is conducted we don't know the true cause of autism.

Let me give you another breakdown of the chemicals that we use. Doodle used to eat clothing. I would buy her cute little outfits to wear to school and my billy goat would eat her shirts every freaking day! And this was why we couldn't have nice things. About the time of the embalming scare I started making my own laundry detergent. Borax, soda powder, and a bar of soap along with water. Yes, I've gone off the deep end. I'm using a chemical a little girl burned herself with while making slime. Actually, borax in small amounts isn't even harmful. It's a mined rock. I have my hands in this stuff every single week as I've just gone to using only borax to wash our laundry. Fill the washing machine up a ways add the borax and swish it around with my hands. And I made kids slime with borax for a very long time and have had no issues. Anyways, the reason I'm even mentioning this is the moment I no longer used Tide or Gain or any other commercially made laundry detergent Doodle stopped eating her clothing. She hasn't eaten a shirt in a very very long time. So the chemicals that were left as a residue, unseen and unnoticed was like candy to my child.

And speaking of candy, there is a possibility that processed foods we buy at the grocery store could also be a contributing factor in the rise of autism. What all they are giving to the animals or the chemicals that are called harmless but give our foods a longer shelf life. We don't know. There isn't enough research. Just people screaming over one thing but not looking at the whole picture.

And let's get into the tests they preform when you are pregnant. That stuff they had me drink that was nasty and I had to keep coming back for blood to be drawn. I wasn't allowed to eat that day until after the test. I know that put a lot of stress on Doodle when she was in the womb. It's for checking blood sugars they said. Could this be another thing that's causing autism? Don't know.

Everyone has their own opinion. People who have autism are tired of being lumped in with kids who have cancer. Though I kind of see a point with that. Autism and cancer feel like they come out of nowhere. The parents who don't vaccinate don't want a child with autism. I see nothing wrong with a child with autism. They are wonder kids. Love Doodle to death! I wouldn't trade my child for anything. If I got the opportunity to do it all again I would in a heartbeat. I wouldn't change a thing, except for the teacher that regressed her. That I would change! But I prefer to have a child with autism. That's me! I love the work I put in to helping her become a success. When she grows up and looks back on her life I want her to see mom made a difference and she has the best childhood! We are doing things together I never did as a child. Heck if she were a nt child we wouldn't even be hitting up concerts. I do it to push her out of her comfort zone.

Again, I believe it's environmental. I believe that the chemicals in the products that we use, that we take for granted because it's a convenience that we pay for are a contributing factor in what is causing autism. From the water we drink to the products we use on ourselves. And if we truly want to spread autism awareness, we will stand up and demand more research. Not only into the environments where we are raising our children but in the products that we are using in our households.

Most parents who raise children on the spectrum aren't happy that I have a child with autism that on some days doesn't appear like she has autism. Used to have more days like that before the bad school. Now everyone can tell Doodle has autism! Therapy, countless hours working with her and eliminating so much in what she touches or she has contact with has really helped her to focus and become unlocked in her mind. It's time we start helping our kids. It's time we take a stand and find out the cause and looking at all things that could be the contributing factor.

And on that note! I'll see you guys on the flip side.


No comments:

Post a Comment